V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton - Head-Fi TV
Apr 14, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #541 of 1,668
I had the M2 wireless, and currently have the CF2W, the one thing I can say is I felt the M2's didn't go very loud, definitely not as loud as the Vmodas'

More detailed conparison? I value my hearing so volume is the last thing I care about (M2 can get plenty loud for me, definitely loud enough to give me ear pain the next day).

Apr 14, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #542 of 1,668
The only complaint I had about the CFW1 sound signature was that the mids kinda got obliterated by the bass at times. If these clean that up, I'm going to be very happy. As long as I still have that full bass for gaming and movies, though, it'll be great. I assume you're not fatigued by the elevated treble? It's why I returned the Sennheiser 598 Cs. The highs were just painful to my ears.
They're not fatiguing to my ears. I can still crank the volume with no issue.

Apr 14, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #543 of 1,668
After being idle for 10 days (I guess it was because I opted for a free 3D printed shield), mine (rose gold) have finally shipped out and will be here on Thursday.  I plan on using them all day on Friday and over the weekend.  I can't do a direct comparison with the M-100's or the CFW1's as I have traded those in with each headphone release but I'll offer my opinions the best I can.  My phone supports aptX and I think my Surface Pro 4 does.  Windows 10 has built-in aptX support but I'm not sure if Microsoft has unlocked it for the SP4.  Hopefully I'll get a chance to listen under aptX and SBC.

Apr 14, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #544 of 1,668
It was revealed earlier in the thread that, much like the Momentum, the chip V-MODA is using supports AAC according to Apple's diagnostic tool but it isn't enabled. Any chance they'll do a 180? If not, hoping for Crossfade Wireless 3 by Christmas :).

Apr 14, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #545 of 1,668
It was revealed earlier in the thread that, much like the Momentum, the chip V-MODA is using supports AAC according to Apple's diagnostic tool but it isn't enabled. Any chance they'll do a 180? If not, hoping for Crossfade Wireless 3 by Christmas
smily_headphones1.gif

Which also means that CFW1 most likely does not support AAC natively, which makes everything Val said in the thread on Hi-Fi and on their website false advertising, which is why they've removed that from the site in the first place.

Apr 14, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #546 of 1,668
Which also means that CFW1 most likely does not support AAC natively, which makes everything Val said in the thread on Hi-Fi and on their website false advertising, which is why they've removed that from the site in the first place.

I'm going to assume they did since he wrote about it in detail.

Apr 14, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #547 of 1,668
It was revealed earlier in the thread that, much like the Momentum, the chip V-MODA is using supports AAC according to Apple's diagnostic tool but it isn't enabled. Any chance they'll do a 180? If not, hoping for Crossfade Wireless 3 by Christmas
smily_headphones1.gif

:D we can all hope new revision so quickly... V-Moda already broke their mold by releasing more than 1 product within the same calendar year (Remix & CF2W). I doubt, but wouldn't mind if they did, they will be releasing any new products for the remainder of 2017.

Apr 14, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #548 of 1,668
smily_headphones1.gif

:D we can all hope new revision so quickly... V-Moda already broke their mold by releasing more than 1 product within the same calendar year (Remix & CF2W). I doubt, but wouldn't mind if they did, they will be releasing any new products for the remainder of 2017.

CF2W = wired headphone with wireless as a bonus.
CFW3 = Bluetooth 5.0 wireless headphone with wired as a bonus.

Hopefully. That would make sense for releasing two new over-ears in a year.

Apr 14, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #552 of 1,668
This whole thing is really ruining lives it appears. Have you guys even heard them first hand?  And if you have and don't like them, move on, why dwell?

Apr 14, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #553 of 1,668
I have the Matte Black. These do not include APTX. I'm using mine with an iPhone 6s Plus and an iPad Pro.
Oooookay.
Man,I don't have apple products. What are the chances of you having someone you know with a Samsung model phone or tablet that you can pair it to and try it on something like Pandora to see if the bluetooth is acceptable with an Android product? If you can do that, that would greatly help me out! I also saw you owned the Boss QC35's. How do they sound in Bluetooth mode compared to them?

Apr 14, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #554 of 1,668
  This whole thing is really ruining lives it appears. Have you guys even heard them first hand?  And if you have and don't like them, move on, why dwell?

First off I am extremely happy with the CFW. Second this thread is about the new V-Moda Crossfades, it's obviously being treated as a place to gather information on them. However, objecting to answer simple questions is a shady practice to me. Lets say you wanted to purchase a car,  yet the dealer withheld information from you. Would that raise questions for you? Yes, I could go get a car from a different manufacture, but maybe my heart is set on that car...or in this case a headphone. 

Apr 14, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #555 of 1,668
First off I am extremely happy with the CFW. Second this thread is about the new V-Moda Crossfades, it's obviously being treated as a place to gather information on them. However, objecting to answer simple questions is a shady practice to me. Lets say you wanted to purchase a car,  yet the dealer withheld information from you. Would that raise questions for you? Yes, I could go get a car from a different manufacture, but maybe my heart is set on that car...or in this case a headphone. 

Agreed. And this is a fact that shouldn't really need to be explained on a site like this one. There's nothing wrong with wanting clarity before dropping 350 dollars on a luxury item. It's a testament to V-Moda that we care as much as we do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back