V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton - Head-Fi TV
Apr 13, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #526 of 1,668
I would seriously love an M2 vs CFW2 comparison. I miss my old M2s but if the CFW2 isn't any better I might say hell widdit and get a pair again.

Hopefully I can do one soon for you. I am going to get the V-Moda, it just needs to hit Amazon. The M2 have been my go to wireless since its release.

Apr 14, 2017 at 3:44 AM Post #530 of 1,668
I have the first CFW and the XXL pads started to smell on me after many visits to the gym
Do you put your headphones back in the case, or leave out to dry? The new case has vents on both sides to help combat the soaked in sweat issue for those who would use these to sweat

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:37 AM Post #531 of 1,668
don't think, just get these.

I appreciate your impressions of the new headphones, but the above statement has got to be the most unpersuasive advertising slogan ever.  
blink.gif

Anyway, I'm still "thinking" about the sub-bass sensitivity, and how it compares to the M-100.

Apr 14, 2017 at 6:05 AM Post #532 of 1,668
I appreciate your impressions of the new headphones, but the above statement has got to be the most unpersuasive advertising slogan ever.  :blink:   Facepalm!

Anyway, I'm still "thinking" about the sub-bass sensitivity, and how it compares to the M-100.
a little Less bass quantity, less boomy, tighter more refined. Everything else is more present in a good way

Apr 14, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #535 of 1,668
If anyone is interested in the Matte White version, V-Moda put up 4 of them on Amazon (fulfilled by Amazon).

I had the M2 wireless, and currently have the CF2W, the one thing I can say is I felt the M2's didn't go very loud, definitely not as loud as the Vmodas'

This is something I loved about the CFW1 that I borrowed. They were so much louder and fuller sounding at a lower volume. I initially feared that they'd distort if I raised the volume but they just became more fuller sounding. If you're saying the same is true of the 2s, I'm very happy.

Apr 14, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #536 of 1,668
Which ones you have again? The ones without APTX or with? Are you using apple device or android?
I have the Matte Black. These do not include APTX. I'm using mine with an iPhone 6s Plus and an iPad Pro.

I appreciate your impressions of the new headphones, but the above statement has got to be the most unpersuasive advertising slogan ever.  :blink:

Oooookay.

Apr 14, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #537 of 1,668
I admit the AAC thing isn't a big deal to me, but no aptX is a dealbreaker. What the hell were they thinking?

Apr 14, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #538 of 1,668
I have the Matte Black. These do not include APTX. I'm using mine with an iPhone 6s Plus and an iPad Pro.
Oooookay.

Well, your mini review had an effect on me. I just put my order through. Getting the Rose Gold variant. My week or two with the CFW1 have pretty much ruined all my other headphones for me, so codec issues aside, I just gotta have these. I would have preferred the Matte Black, but if I'm buying new headphones, I'd like to have all the codec support possible. The fact that it's more copper than Apple Rose Gold helps a ton though.

Apr 14, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #539 of 1,668
Well, your mini review had an effect on me. I just put my order through. Getting the Rose Gold variant. My week or two with the CFW1 have pretty much ruined all my other headphones for me, so codec issues aside, I just gotta have these. I would have preferred the Matte Black, but if I'm buying new headphones, I'd like to have all the codec support possible. The fact that it's more copper than Apple Rose Gold helps a ton though.
I think you'll be pleased. If you're ok with a slightly elevated treble when compared to the CFW1, a more refined bass response, more detail, and cleaner mids, you'll love these. Not to be confused though, they still have that VModa energy, Drive, and punch.

Apr 14, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #540 of 1,668
I think you'll be pleased. If you're ok with a slightly elevated treble when compared to the CFW1, a more refined bass response, more detail, and cleaner mids, you'll love these. Not to be confused though, they still have that VModa energy, Drive, and punch.

The only complaint I had about the CFW1 sound signature was that the mids kinda got obliterated by the bass at times. If these clean that up, I'm going to be very happy. As long as I still have that full bass for gaming and movies, though, it'll be great. I assume you're not fatigued by the elevated treble? It's why I returned the Sennheiser 598 Cs. The highs were just painful to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back