V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton - Head-Fi TV
Apr 8, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #376 of 1,668
His reviews aren't horrible.... Just not geared for you. Given the name of the channel the reviews are for the average Joe and considering he is using products other than Beats in terms of headphones I applaud him. Getting v-moda headphones and reviewing them for the average consumer is a positive thing.

If he was actually reviewing them, I'd agree. But he isn't. Unless we're to assume his audience is just a bunch of morons that want style over substance. "Mmmmmmm loud bass. Bass iz good. Buy these headphones, yo, they got dat bass!" It's clear that's the audience V-Moda is going after initially, because that's the type of youtubers that got the product early. I'll just wait for the more serious guys to get them and actually review them. V-moda getting views from  Uravgconsumers audience isn't new. He's been pushing their stuff for years. Always with the focus on bass. That's all he cares about. His favorite headphones are those awful boom cannons from Sony. But if anyone is at fault here, it's me for actually clicking on his "review". Ditto for Booredatwork's review. Would love for Z to get a pair of these.

Don't mind me though, I'm just salty because the owner of the CFW1's I was borrowing took them back. I'd love to put my money down on the CFW2s but I think the last few pages made it obvious why I, and many others, are going to wait.

I will say though I was leaning towards the M100 after seeing V-moda willfully ignore the AAC question, but now I'm leaning towards those even more after using the CFW1s in bluetooth mode a lot last week. Something that really annoyed me was the loud hissing sound they make constantly. For the first couple of days, the hissing would stop when there was no audio being piped to them, but after those first few days the hiss was non-stop, and then the only way to get them to stop was to turn them off and back on, but once an audio was sent to them they'd continue to hiss non-stop again. I can't believe that's working as intended. I think if Musiciansfriend does another 15 percent off holiday deal for Easter (they did one for April Fools of all things), I'll grab a pair of M100s and be done with it.

Apr 8, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #378 of 1,668
If he was actually reviewing them, I'd agree. But he isn't. Unless we're to assume his audience is just a bunch of morons that want style over substance. "Mmmmmmm loud bass. Bass iz good. Buy these headphones, yo, they got dat bass!" It's clear that's the audience V-Moda is going after initially, because that's the type of youtubers that got the product early. I'll just wait for the more serious guys to get them and actually review them. V-moda getting views from  Uravgconsumers audience isn't new. He's been pushing their stuff for years. Always with the focus on bass. That's all he cares about. His favorite headphones are those awful boom cannons from Sony. But if anyone is at fault here, it's me for actually clicking on his "review". Ditto for Booredatwork's review. Would love for Z to get a pair of these.

Don't mind me though, I'm just salty because the owner of the CFW1's I was borrowing took them back. I'd love to put my money down on the CFW2s but I think the last few pages made it obvious why I, and many others, are going to wait.

I will say though I was leaning towards the M100 after seeing V-moda willfully ignore the AAC question, but now I'm leaning towards those even more after using the CFW1s in bluetooth mode a lot last week. Something that really annoyed me was the loud hissing sound they make constantly. For the first couple of days, the hissing would stop when there was no audio being piped to them, but after those first few days the hiss was non-stop, and then the only way to get them to stop was to turn them off and back on, but once an audio was sent to them they'd continue to hiss non-stop again. I can't believe that's working as intended. I think if Musiciansfriend does another 15 percent off holiday deal for Easter (they did one for April Fools of all things), I'll grab a pair of M100s and be done with it.

I haven't watched his videos in a while so I can't comment on his "reviews" but for the average consumer who defines sound quality as the amount of bass is then he doesn't do that bad if a job then lol.

I have the CFW2 and they sound pretty good and the best Bluetooth headphone I have used so far. Portable is king for me and as such I have moved to bluetooth headphones. I currently have the Jaybird X3, Bose QC35 and the CFW2 and easily the v-moda headphone is the best of thr bunch. I've also used the jaybird freedom, LG neck band ones and plenty of others. As far as the CFW2 goes its the best v-moda headphone they have made in Wired mode IMHO. I would just buy the wireless on their website and give it a whirl. Can always return it within 60 days

Apr 8, 2017 at 6:55 PM Post #379 of 1,668
I haven't watched his videos in a while so I can't comment on his "reviews" but for the average consumer who defines sound quality as the amount of bass is then he doesn't do that bad if a job then lol.

I have the CFW2 and they sound pretty good and the best Bluetooth headphone I have used so far. Portable is king for me and as such I have moved to bluetooth headphones. I currently have the Jaybird X3, Bose QC35 and the CFW2 and easily the v-moda headphone is the best of thr bunch. I've also used the jaybird freedom, LG neck band ones and plenty of others. As far as the CFW2 goes its the best v-moda headphone they have made in Wired mode IMHO. I would just buy the wireless on their website and give it a whirl. Can always return it within 60 days

Are you using AptX?

Apr 8, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #380 of 1,668

I just watched his video on this one.

He really isn't your style because the dude is an "average consumer." He's not an audiophile. His review is exactly what the kind of person who isn't browsing head-fi is interested in hearing. He talks a lot about the form factor and comfort, battery life, and does a brief rundown on the sound.

You gotta realize that the Tyll style of review just doesn't mean anything to most people. They aren't going to be amazed if you say "the soundstage is so wide!" or "there's no low-treble dip." The dude has a following who knows what kind of sound he likes, and hearing him give a quick explanation for why he likes them is plenty.

After all, even with Tyll, most people see whether he likes a product or not. If he calls them great, then that's all. The seal of approval is plenty.

Apr 8, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #383 of 1,668
Are you using AptX?

On my Macbook Pro yes but not on my iPhone 7.

I just watched his video on this one.

He really isn't your style because the dude is an "average consumer." He's not an audiophile. His review is exactly what the kind of person who isn't browsing head-fi is interested in hearing. He talks a lot about the form factor and comfort, battery life, and does a brief rundown on the sound.

You gotta realize that the Tyll style of review just doesn't mean anything to most people. They aren't going to be amazed if you say "the soundstage is so wide!" or "there's no low-treble dip." The dude has a following who knows what kind of sound he likes, and hearing him give a quick explanation for why he likes them is plenty.

After all, even with Tyll, most people see whether he likes a product or not. If he calls them great, then that's all. The seal of approval is plenty.

And yet people got their pitchforks ready when he praised the Beats solo 2.

Apr 8, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #384 of 1,668
Not a fan at all of rose gold, but these don't look like rose gold to me. They appear to be more of a copper color. Can anyone with them confirm they're more pink or more copper? One of the previews I read even referred to them as copper. Copper I could live with.

Apr 8, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #388 of 1,668

​Received mine few days ago, and enjoying since them. I went for the black matte color option. I had the m100 first version for quite some time until I sold them, and IMO the sound signature improved in this version. They sound much more balanced, the mids sound more forward than before. I still have to eq down the bass a few db for my taste

With the first m100 I had to upgrade to the XL pads right away, otherwise they would be very uncomfortable. However, the pads in this version are quite good, remind me of the XL ones.

Very detailed, fast, and nice soundstage, especially with EDM music,

Apr 8, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #389 of 1,668

Received mine few days ago, and enjoying since them. I went for the black matte color option. I had the m100 first version for quite some time until I sold them, and IMO the sound signature improved in this version. They sound much more balanced, the mids sound more forward than before. I still have to eq down the bass a few db for my taste

With the first m100 I had to upgrade to the XL pads right away, otherwise they would be very uncomfortable. However, the pads in this version are quite good, remind me of the XL ones.

Wired and wireless comparisons?

Apr 8, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #390 of 1,668
​Received mine few days ago, and enjoying since them. I went for the black matte color option. I had the m100 first version for quite some time until I sold them, and IMO the sound signature improved in this version. They sound much more balanced, the mids sound more forward than before. I still have to eq down the bass a few db for my taste

I'm actually really disappointed there's no AAC support since I would've jumped on these. My main slight issue with the M-100 sound is the mids, which they improved in CFW2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back