V-Moda BassFreq Metals.. Weird..
Oct 2, 2012 at 5:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

KodaO

100+ Head-Fier
I bought a pair of the V-Moda bass Freq metals about a month ago just as a bass head treat away from my Shure 940's when I wanted to have a little fun listening to a warmer sound signature. I was actually insisting up my listening for my review of them just now and something strange happened.

I'm using my iPhone 4 to power them and they sounded normal, I just now finished updating the software to the iOS6 and there is a huge difference sound, to the point that I was blown away. Mind you I have the EQ set to Bass Booster due to my initial reaction with the IEM's but damn.. It's night and day right now. The bass is nowhere BEAR as muddy, its very nice and controlled, as before and the upper mid range is superb. Vocals are crystal clear and they sound a lot less transparent. Highs are a little bright, but I'm still shaking right now.

Anybody have any rational explanation?

Oct 2, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #2 of 4
Bump, i need feedback here :/ its really weird

Oct 2, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #3 of 4
Have you tried comparing the sound to the sound with the EQ off? I find that the EQ, especially bass boost, tends to just muddy up everything.  I haven't tried EQ on iOS6 before though...

Oct 2, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #4 of 4
I have.

The overall sound was very muddied before, the bass was very heavy. (The thing I liked about these in-ears is the fact the upper-mid range is very present and the vocals don't suffer near as bad as with the beats line) Now, the bass is VERY controlled, no flab with the kicks, and the sub-bass is perfect. Overall the sound is much more... I guess the only way I can put it is that it souns a lot cooler. I don't feel like my brain is in an oven anymore.

NOTE: Before, Whenever the EQ is set to Flat, bass is almost non-existent. Not in terms of "Oh, I cant feel it" Its simply not there. \

Now, the bass is near the same as with the Bass Booster.... Did Apple change the Frequency boosts with the update? Is that a possibility?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back