V-Moda Bass Freq vs Senn CX300
May 18, 2007 at 5:55 AM Post #16 of 19
Just thought I'd put in my 2 cents for the bass freqs. I actually really enjoy these little ear phones. Initially they seemed to be too overwhelming with bass, but I really grew to like them. They sound warm/full and are a fun phone to listen to. I often find myself reaching for these over my Shure e4c's.
blink.gif

May 18, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #18 of 19
I put my Bass Freqs in specially for this - listening to them right now, coming from KSC75s. These little things are
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
but you knew that...for the first minute or so after swapping from the 75s, I was underwhelmed by the sheer amount of bass, but that's a bit unfair on the Freqs - two very different approaches, open/canal etc & I prefer the 75s all round, but you do adjust to the Freq soundsig quite quickly. They sound quite nice tbh. Recessed on the top, yes, but nice. I'm playing Robbie Robertson 'Native Americans' if that hepls -Freqs can rattle you with the Indian drums!

I've had a down on the Freqs & don't play them much. Nice for me aint enough to keep them (I'm selling) but they are pretty ....nice. Warm, dark, with a recessed treble certainly but also clearer than I thought they would be. I could have done worse! If you like
b-a-s-s then maybe....

edit/ y'know the more I listen the more I quite like em -not enough to keep, but they're not bad. Just pleasant in a bassy kind of way. Oh, & I'm amping them -(always use an amp so don't really know if they're worse w/out).

May 30, 2007 at 5:02 AM Post #19 of 19
I'm just got the bass freqs today.

Coming from the marshmallows (in terms of IEMs), it's actually a world away (then again, the prices are diff).

The bass is deep... in fact very deep, but that's not a problem if you're an avid listener of hiphop like I am. The bass is deep but it's clean. It's not mushy bass in any way in my opinion.

The mid is real nice as well. The best way to describe it is that it's not too pronounced. It blends real nice with the highs and the lows without being too overly distracting.

The treble is "grainy," as said above... grainy as in it's not extremely clear, but it's not bad. V-moda says that the highs are crisp, but I would say it's probably a 'bit' under what I would call crisp (based on my standards).

However, these are my /initial/ impressions. I have yet to break these in and I would much rather give a final summary of my findings after it's full broken in.

I'm impressed though... personal bday present.
smily_headphones1.gif

edit: this is with an ipod nano 2g

Users who are viewing this thread

Back