V-Moda Bass Freq vs Senn CX300
Jun 8, 2006 at 4:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

red_wedge

New Head-Fier
Hi - anyone have any comparisons of the Bass Freq and CX300? I'm looking for a new pair of in ear phones to replace my aging Sony Ex70's. I'd like the new EX90's but they are a little outside my price range still, so opinions of the others are welcomed!

red

Jul 12, 2006 at 3:26 PM Post #2 of 19
^third-party bump.

Comparisons to the CX300 or other canalphone would be great, but I'd love just to hear anyone's impressions of the Bass Freq.
biggrin.gif

Jul 12, 2006 at 7:21 PM Post #3 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeeaddict
^third-party bump.

Comparisons to the CX300 or other canalphone would be great, but I'd love just to hear anyone's impressions of the Bass Freq.
biggrin.gif

I've been eyeing them and the favorable ilounge reviews for a while now, so I broke down and ordered a pair. I was no fan of the cx300 or the ck5 so we'll see how these fair.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 20, 2006 at 1:30 AM Post #4 of 19
how about between the griffin earthumps and the v-moda bass freq? which sounds better and has better value for money?

Jul 20, 2006 at 11:11 AM Post #5 of 19
I don't know about Griffin, but I got the v-moda bass freq, and these pwn the cx300 or the ath-ck5. They're closer to the er6i (well, the er6i is more resolved, less colored, and less on bass unless you use an amp). These are awesome little buds to have around, seriously. I wasn't expecting much, but these are the little buds that could!

I need to wait a while before writing anything more useful. I just got the new dt990s as well, which are sort of taking a huge precedense.

But having not heard the ex71, but having heard the ex51, and the cx300, and those horrible Audio Technica in-ear buds, these are miles away better. They're colored towards the darker, but somehow, that works.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 21, 2006 at 2:12 AM Post #6 of 19
i see. so how's the sound quality? i read in one negative review that his bass freq's had too much treble to the point that they sound "metallic." are they also easy to drive from a portable source (mp3 player)? how about comfort?

here in the philippines the bass freq's sell for about the equivalent of US$35.

Jul 21, 2006 at 3:45 AM Post #7 of 19
Too much treble??? Uhh, no, treble isn't a problem. If anything you could accuse the sound of being too darkley colored, but then they'd not have the name "bass-freq" The treble is bit grainy, but overall clarity is very good. I think if you're having a treble or a sssssibilance problem, then you don't have a good seal.

That's a good tip for in-ear stuff in general.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 11, 2006 at 8:43 PM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by nephilonic
I've actually been tossing between these two headphones myself.

Does anyone have any more opinions on these headphones?
I'm leaning towards the bass freqs.

Yes, more opinions on the Bass Freqs would be nice. (Heh - I love how that's pronounced "Bass Freaks."
basshead.gif
Looks like they have their audience pegged.)

Sep 29, 2006 at 7:12 PM Post #10 of 19
I don't own the V-moda's but I do have the cx-300's and while they are great with the mids and highs, I find the bass to be way too overpowering. If you are a heavy bass head, then you will like these a lot, but if you want a more balanced sound then I feel that you should look elsewhere. This comes from a big sennheiser fan!

May 18, 2007 at 1:22 AM Post #12 of 19
ep-630 successfully isolates and it's quite comfortable, as well. the tips gave a lighter and softer feeling than v-moda vibes, yet i cannot compare them to bass freqs.

both ep-630 and bass freq are told that they have somewhat bloaty bass. however, i find ep-630 balanced and detailed enough for that amount of money. more, i don't know if it can beat bass freqs, yet i can definitely say that ep-630 is better than cx300 at low frequencies, especially.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back