v-moda and skullcandy feedback
Dec 29, 2007 at 6:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 59

varkunus

Head-Fier
Just a quick thread guys looking for feedback on either of these headphones, especially the skull candy in ear smoking buds, and the v-moda bass frequency. Please tell me about the sound quality, loudness, comfort and how strong the cables are etc. At the moment im swaying towards the more expensive v-modas because they are 122db instead of 112db, and im assuming they are better quality. So my next hurdle is comfort like how long could you wear each for before it becomes uncomfy?

And PLEASE DONT recommend me headphones above the £20 price range, i know about the sens cx-300 and the creatives.

Dec 29, 2007 at 7:01 PM Post #2 of 59
Never go solely by the specifications. Rule #1
wink.gif

Rule #2: Both companies (and their products) are way more sub par than you think. I have listened to both, and the V-Moda wrecks all percussion instruments like no other. The Skullcandies sounded like iBuds, but with "mega-boosted" bass.

Oooh, wait, you're talking about the B.F. model, not the Vibes...in that case, they are a hundred times worse. I got a free pair from Head Fest 2007, and no wonder why they were giving them away (after listeing to them, I promptly gave them to my sister, who is happy with them
rolleyes.gif
). Everything sounds very de-tuned, and the bass is oddly curved in its frequency, and overpowering at that too. To me, I would not even take them if they were free. I prefer the iBuds to them. The iBuds may sound bad, but they are roughly in tune with everything it plays.

Dec 29, 2007 at 7:02 PM Post #3 of 59
Just get some Koss KSC-75 and you'll be fine.

Dec 29, 2007 at 7:05 PM Post #4 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by VolkswagenFox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just get some Koss KSC-75 and you'll be fine.

I second that. If you look at my stash below this post, I still prefer the KSC75 for the great majority of my time spent with music...it's just more convenient and it has a great "fun" sound that nobody can complain about!
tongue.gif

Dec 29, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #9 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by varkunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how loud are they

Why does that matter so much to you?

Dec 29, 2007 at 7:28 PM Post #11 of 59
ow and mule i was reading the v moda BF reviews and they are all saying there good only weakness is fragile cables, but im prtty careful, i bet your some audiophile lol. Like i said im not expecting perfection

Dec 29, 2007 at 7:30 PM Post #12 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by varkunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i know this will sound stupid but i enjoy my music loud, and want enough volume so that i can crank it if i want to.

I think Skullcandys are perfect for you. Good choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back