V-Jays very interesting new portable but how are they?
Oct 10, 2009 at 4:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Opentoe

100+ Head-Fier
I am very interested in these portable headphones. They include a 40mm mylar speaker and neodymium magnet and a copper clad aluminum coil. Also, 24ohm impedance. Who has these????

vjays1.jpg

vjays2.jpg

vjays3.jpg

vjays4.jpg

Oct 10, 2009 at 5:56 AM Post #2 of 7
mp3 has tried these. Also, I could've sworn mark wrote these up in a nice review, but I can't seem to find it at the moment.

Edit: Duh. Don't understand why google wasn't seeing it.

Oct 12, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #3 of 7
I've read one bad review, and that was iLounge, which has not yet seen any pair of headphones the same way I do.

As for good reviews, there are a few here, but I don't really know the preferences of those writing the reviews, and there are only a few. They're pretty much unknown although Jays audio is active here, and their IEMs are well regarded.

I have a pair that's been sitting at customs at the airport for a couple of days now. I should get them today, but the local post office sucks, so probably sometime this week.

Oct 12, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #4 of 7
I have the V-Jays and will be finishing a long overdue review this week. They are amazing. The only thing I don't understand is why, with no bag or tote, they fold, even slightly. Sound and build are very good; better than average, and should last a long time. They may be the most perfectly realised earphone that Jays have made yet: sound, build, usability.

Oct 12, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #5 of 7
I also ordered a pair and hope to get it by the end of the week and will post impressions.

Oct 12, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Opentoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am very interested in these portable headphones. They include a 40mm mylar speaker and neodymium magnet and a copper clad aluminum coil. Also, 24ohm impedance. Who has these????

I have a pair..or two
wink.gif
Anything you'd like to know?
Here you can read other reviews on v-JAYS and as you see they are good toys!
Jays - Awards & Reviews

Regards Peter

Oct 12, 2009 at 7:24 AM Post #7 of 7
I agree about everything said. They sound amazing even out of the box, and there should be some sort of little pouch for them, maybe something microfiberish to keep the weight down.

And yeah, build is superb, and they look pretty cool too. Then again I think Grados look cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back