V-Cap question
Nov 27, 2007 at 11:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

tnmike1

Headphoneus Supremus
Am interested in ALO's V-cap portable system, but curious if it can be used with an Imodded 4g Ipod. Or do I need to spend the $800+ on a totally new Imodded 5.5g, cabling and V-cap???

Nov 27, 2007 at 11:58 AM Post #2 of 9
The 4G cannot be used with the V-Cap Dock because there are caps inside the 4G already.

Nov 27, 2007 at 2:19 PM Post #3 of 9
rxc" OK--thanx for the info. Looks like I need to drop some more bux. again
frown.gif

Nov 28, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rxc" OK--thanx for the info. Looks like I need to drop some more bux. again
frown.gif

Or you could be happy w/ the 4G you have.
biggrin.gif
Although the 5.5G w/ the V-Cap may sound better it is more expensive, less transportable, and it limits y ou on the cables you can use. Just some food for thought.

Nov 28, 2007 at 2:58 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif
Although the 5.5G w/ the V-Cap may sound better it is more expensive, less transportable, and it limits y ou on the cables you can use. Just some food for thought.

Miguel: this particular set-up is on the bedside table so portability not an issue. Did hope, though, to avoid the multi-hundreds and hoped the thing would work with my 4g. O well. But yeah you're right: I've got all the cables and stuff for the 4g and change just for changing isn't too bright.

Nov 30, 2007 at 9:08 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am interested in ALO's V-cap portable system, but curious if it can be used with an Imodded 4g Ipod. Or do I need to spend the $800+ on a totally new Imodded 5.5g, cabling and V-cap???

Can I give you my X-mas list instead of Santa? lol.

Dec 2, 2007 at 6:28 AM Post #8 of 9
Try to send email to Red Wine and ask him if he can bypass the caps in you 4th gen imod. It will be a lot cheaper than to buy new imod. Asking never hurts!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 3, 2007 at 2:56 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

How does it limit you on the cables you can use? you have to use a regular iPod Line out dock, but the mini to mini from the 4th gen will still be used for the output. Take another look.
smily_headphones1.gif

Do a search in the DIY forums for iMod. You can modify your 4th gen to use the vCap dock, make your own iMod, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back