Utterly frustrated with IEM choice
Sep 17, 2008 at 10:47 PM Post #16 of 21
I would skip the super.fi 5 pros if you can afford the triple.fis. They are great 'fun' earphones but you'll begin how much clearer the triple.fis can sound after a while. Might as well save the £120 you would spend on them and jump straight for the triples, I got mine for £170ish including p+p.

Sep 17, 2008 at 11:29 PM Post #18 of 21
Just my two cents here: If you're after isolation, I wouldn't be too focussed on the Atrio or Superfi 5's.

Having had both, for me, the isolation on neither of these phones was what I would call great. Very easy to hear roar of the train + conversations crystal clear on the way into work for me.

The Atrios in particular have a gorgeous sound for their price, but the isolation is on the crappy side of average.

That said, everyone's ears are different, some people have no problem with it.

Sep 18, 2008 at 12:20 AM Post #20 of 21
There are some more questions you could ask yourself to narrow your choice down. Have a look at this (excellent) thread which goes into more detail - do you want L-shaped connector or straight etc.:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/r...7-08-a-335851/

As a fellow DnB head I recommend the reasonably priced Sennhesier CX 500 for around £45 (tried a friend's pair - the isolation wasn't great, but the tips were suited to the owner's ears not mine. The SQ seemed surprisingly good).

Atrio M5 sound like they deliver on bass too, and I was >|< this close to getting a pair, but the pricetag was just a bit too high so I went for a pair of super.fi 5 liquid silver. I need to burn them in a bit, but they've impressed so far and cranking up the bass on the EQ has helped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back