Utah Salt Lake City Meet? Anyone interested? Lets do this!!!!!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 3, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #136 of 160
Kimber Kable mentioned that they wanted to invite us to a meet at there location in March 2017. They are going to contact us once they are ready to go.

I was good till 2 days before the event, and then I got flown out of town :/ highly saddening.

Next year? We should try doing another one maybe December even? could try and make a quarterly or 4-5 month thing?

Nov 4, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #137 of 160
I'm in if this gets put together.

Jan 4, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #141 of 160
I'm in if something gets organized.

Jan 6, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #142 of 160
For the record i'm probably not. 

Got no interest in fashion shows. 

Jan 9, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #145 of 160
Lol. Too funny... Since when did this become a fashion show? Some gear is as UGLY as he-double-hockey-sticks.

I've been to enough meets. If it's new, expensive, or shiny - particularly if there is black lacquer, brushed aluminum, or vacuum tubes sticking out of either of the aforementioned materials, it gets 99% of the attention. 

I'm over it. I'm done lugging a couple hundred pounds of what i think is good and sounds interesting to people who will just sort of glance at it once and then go wait in line to listen to the latest flagship. 

It may have been when i tried someone's Beyerdynamic T1 and instantly hated it that i decided i wasn't even interested in hearing the flagship headphones anymore. Somewhere around 2011, searching for the last 1% of 1% of sound reproduction turned into finding new ways to make them sound a little weird. 

It's not about appreciation of music or technology. It's an obsession with fashion. I'm more interested in the former than the latter. 

May 7, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #149 of 160
We should plan our own meet again. I really enjoyed meeting all of the head-fiers in the SLC area. We had a hard time finding a place to meet that was free or close to free. @rwpritchett did an excellent job setting up the clubhouse that we meet at last year. I'm not sure if he would be up to doing that again or if we need to meet elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back