Utah Salt Lake City Meet? Anyone interested? Lets do this!!!!!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 14, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #106 of 160
Currently across the country. But ... I am 95% sure I got a place. A legit place, where we can do this meet. Not only that, this place already has more audiophile gear in it then you could dream of. And not only that I got in a lot of my new equipment so I can bring even more.

It is a place I work at, and my boss was posting on fb about the new sound system he installed again and it dawned on me, why haven't I thought of using that space yet.... I am super sure he would so be down for a meet, I will ask and get a weekend. But this thing is so on!

edit 1 (of probably many more): so my boss is down, I'll arrange it with the building owner to make sure he is down, but most likely would be. The places is a full venue, meaning you should plan on bringing a table/extension cords for your stuff. I think we should turn it into a full audiophile meet, so if you have monitors/speakers/PA that you'd like to bring too, it would be awesome. Since it is a full venue and the building owner will have to make some to cover his expenses it may turn into a $5 cover event or something. I would probably bring in my security cameras from home too, the venue has some already, but I would bring mine to help provide extra coverage since most of the gear is somewhat walkable.

Let's do this!

We should get ZMF and a couple of other audio manufacturers to come out or provide samples for the meet. Todd from TTVJ said he would give us whatever samples he had for a meet.

Jul 24, 2016 at 8:43 PM Post #109 of 160
  Any updates on a place to meet @jgoodwin?  

Yup got with the building owner last night and he was down.

So there will be a door fee, just to cover building costs but I'll try to keep it minimal/donation status if I can, he asked for some pretty big favours in return so ya'll better be worth it!

Next thing days? Need everybodies opinion on days of the week/times that work best usually - my guess is we are going to be doing this later in august at a minimum. Weekends will be harder since that is when they usually are full so lets take a poll on days of the week preferably.

Jul 25, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #110 of 160

Yup got with the building owner last night and he was down.

So there will be a door fee, just to cover building costs but I'll try to keep it minimal/donation status if I can, he asked for some pretty big favours in return so ya'll better be worth it!

Next thing days? Need everybodies opinion on days of the week/times that work best usually - my guess is we are going to be doing this later in august at a minimum. Weekends will be harder since that is when they usually are full so lets take a poll on days of the week preferably.

That is excellent news!  

I can't guarantee that my company will be the best, but I have nice gear. 
biggrin.gif
  What are you planning on charging?

I'm open on days and times.  I can always take a day off work.  I would prefer weekends but I'm flexible.

Jul 25, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #111 of 160

That is excellent news!  

I can't guarantee that my company will be the best, but I have nice gear. 
biggrin.gif
  What are you planning on charging?

I'm open on days and times.  I can always take a day off work.  I would prefer weekends but I'm flexible.

My thoughts would be like $3 if you bring a contributional amount to share, maybe $5-10 if you are just hanging out?

I am still working out details but this may cost me a few hundred dollars of labor, so I'm just trying to make it somewhat worthwhile

Jul 25, 2016 at 1:15 AM Post #112 of 160
My thoughts would be like $3 if you bring a contributional amount to share, maybe $5-10 if you are just hanging out?

I am still working out details but this may cost me a few hundred dollars of labor, so I'm just trying to make it somewhat worthwhile

I can help with anything.

We should also contact ZMF and some other audio manufacturers to invite them to the meet. I was thinking Woo Audio. TTVJ said he would send some sample gear for the meet to. I can contact them.

Jul 26, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #113 of 160
I have some gear, but not a lot and nothing overly fancy, but I would love to contribute if I can make it. I would like to see this be successful for those who put in a lot time/money in making it happen. 

So, this would be my first meet, what would I need to bring to set up my gear? Just a table and required cords? 

Jul 26, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #114 of 160
I can help with anything.

We should also contact ZMF and some other audio manufacturers to invite them to the meet. I was thinking Woo Audio. TTVJ said he would send some sample gear for the meet to. I can contact them.

Please, I will try and shoot some emails out tomorrow or something, but if you want to help out contacting some people that would be absolutely wonderful

I have some gear, but not a lot and nothing overly fancy, but I would love to contribute if I can make it. I would like to see this be successful for those who put in a lot time/money in making it happen. 

So, this would be my first meet, what would I need to bring to set up my gear? Just a table and required cords? 

The more the better! Every piece of gear adds in that much more. As for what you will need to bring, I don't know yet. That would be the max list that I could think of, but there are some tables and what not there. I will need to figure out a good power drop situation to get it around the room, unfortunately I don't have any stingers or something so it will have to be a little bit dirty. 

As for days, end of the month? 24th-31st with low probability for the weekend involved. Opinions thoughts, ect? @afrochops@Kyyul @rwpritchett  @rmsanger @stimy  ect ect? 

Jul 26, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #115 of 160
Please, I will try and shoot some emails out tomorrow or something, but if you want to help out contacting some people that would be absolutely wonderful

The more the better! Every piece of gear adds in that much more. As for what you will need to bring, I don't know yet. That would be the max list that I could think of, but there are some tables and what not there. I will need to figure out a good power drop situation to get it around the room, unfortunately I don't have any stingers or something so it will have to be a little bit dirty. 

As for days, end of the month? 24th-31st with low probability for the weekend involved. Opinions thoughts, ect? @afrochops
@Kyyul
 @rwpritchett
  @rmsanger
 @stimy
  ect ect? 

They will want a date for the meet before they commit to anything. Zach from ZMF said he would come out if his schedule allowed. Todd from TTVJ said that he would send whatever demo stuff he had on hand at the time.

I'll call Woo and see if they would send out some gear.

Jul 26, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #116 of 160
For me, I'd probably have to take a day off if it was on a week day since it would be about 7 or 8pm before I could get to a meet after work. Weekends are definitely better for me if nothing else is going on.

On another note, my HOA has a clubhouse that can be reserved for private functions. I've never done it before, but I can look into it. All I remember is it has bathrooms, kitchen area, and a large area that's livingroom-like. I don't remember how many tables and chairs it has. It's available to reserve starting at 10am but must be vacated and cleaned by 10pm.

Jul 26, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #117 of 160
For me, I'd probably have to take a day off if it was on a week day since it would be about 7 or 8pm before I could get to a meet after work. Weekends are definitely better for me if nothing else is going on.

On another note, my HOA has a clubhouse that can be reserved for private functions. I've never done it before, but I can look into it. All I remember is it has bathrooms, kitchen area, and a large area that's livingroom-like. I don't remember how many tables and chairs it has. It's available to reserve starting at 10am but must be vacated and cleaned by 10pm.

From the few replies we may have to do this on the weekend.  The space you describe sounds like it will work very well.  Do you know how many people it will hold?

Jul 27, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #118 of 160

My thought would be doing it like 6-10pm either way, but if we got a club house that would be super sick too! Then we can do weekend and make it all better. Whatever works, I will be meeting with building owner again tomorrow or the next day on other projects so I will get the building schedule and see if there is an open weekend, but I would prefer a clubhouse myself, because then I can charge labor on the project I'm meeting him about which would be nice :D

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #119 of 160
I stopped by and took a picture of the clubhouse main room. Unfortunately, I don't have access to the inside so my evaluation (and picture) are from looking in through the windows.

Pros: It looks like there's a stack of chairs in the corner, plus the leather seats can be rearranged for use. Kitchen is in the back area and there's two bathrooms. BBQ grills and garbage bins are available outside.

Cons: #1 I could only see one outlet at floor level since most of the walls are glass. There might be another one by the fireplace that I couldn't see. There's outlets up high by the TV. I'm not sure running everybody's equipment off a single 15A circuit will work. #2 I didn't see any tables for use though it's possible there's some put away out of view. Probably need some long portable tables to do this. I have one small 5' table that can be used.

For timing, I would suggest waiting until cooler weather arrives for 2 reasons. #1 I don't know how capable the AC is and with those glass windows it could be very hot in there, and #2 there will be 15 - 20 screaming kids at the pool during the summer.

Google street view:

Main room:

Jul 28, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #120 of 160
I stopped by and took a picture of the clubhouse main room. Unfortunately, I don't have access to the inside so my evaluation (and picture) are from looking in through the windows.

Pros: It looks like there's a stack of chairs in the corner, plus the leather seats can be rearranged for use. Kitchen is in the back area and there's two bathrooms. BBQ grills and garbage bins are available outside.

Cons: #1 I could only see one outlet at floor level since most of the walls are glass. There might be another one by the fireplace that I couldn't see. There's outlets up high by the TV. I'm not sure running everybody's equipment off a single 15A circuit will work. #2 I didn't see any tables for use though it's possible there's some put away out of view. Probably need some long portable tables to do this. I have one small 5' table that can be used.

For timing, I would suggest waiting until cooler weather arrives for 2 reasons. #1 I don't know how capable the AC is and with those glass windows it could be very hot in there, and #2 there will be 15 - 20 screaming kids at the pool during the summer.

Google street view:

Main room:

It looks like a very classy space. I vote we have the meet here so we can meet on a weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back