Utah Salt Lake City Meet? Anyone interested? Lets do this!!!!!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 16, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #95 of 160
  So is the meet on June 18 on hold since there is no place to host? 

Yes unless we find a place to hold the meet.

If worse comes to worse could just do it at my house even though it is a bit tiny, could set up something for it hahaha

That would work if you don't mind. 

It's to bad that 801labs doesn't want us there.  I might have paid for a years membership.  I am an IT Manager by trade and would like to go to some of the hacking classes.

Jun 16, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #96 of 160
Yea, I will see whattime I can be home by and post it, it will be eveningish probably 7PM or 8PM depending at the earliest, but then we can go till whenever. I have some other fun toys that I can show off as well so wouldn't be the worst situation ever.

Also you should still go to a meet or two over there, they are really really fun typically. I've been to a bunch and everybody is super awesome. It is a sorta grouped thing though since they have the core 15 guys and they have been together for a while, but most of them are still fairly open and inviting to others.

Jun 17, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #97 of 160
If someone would like to pm me an address and time, I'd love to attend

Jun 17, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #98 of 160
Scratch that - got people calling out at work -_- so gotta spend the night dropping motors off the roof. Can we raincheck till Sunday nigh or next weekend, If we are doing it at my house literally whenever is chill hahaha, or if you just wanna get my number PM me and hit me up and we can get together a few people on the fly!

Jul 14, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #104 of 160
I'm with you Kyyul. I've been talking with jgoodwin and we have been trying to set something up at his house but work had been to bushfire him.

Currently across the country. But ... I am 95% sure I got a place. A legit place, where we can do this meet. Not only that, this place already has more audiophile gear in it then you could dream of. And not only that I got in a lot of my new equipment so I can bring even more.

It is a place I work at, and my boss was posting on fb about the new sound system he installed again and it dawned on me, why haven't I thought of using that space yet.... I am super sure he would so be down for a meet, I will ask and get a weekend. But this thing is so on!

edit 1 (of probably many more): so my boss is down, I'll arrange it with the building owner to make sure he is down, but most likely would be. The places is a full venue, meaning you should plan on bringing a table/extension cords for your stuff. I think we should turn it into a full audiophile meet, so if you have monitors/speakers/PA that you'd like to bring too, it would be awesome. Since it is a full venue and the building owner will have to make some to cover his expenses it may turn into a $5 cover event or something. I would probably bring in my security cameras from home too, the venue has some already, but I would bring mine to help provide extra coverage since most of the gear is somewhat walkable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back