USPS Tracking
Aug 6, 2009 at 6:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Scott_Tarlow

1000+ Head-Fier
I ordered a package from taiwan, it was sent out priority international last Friday. Sooo, the tracking was working fine until my package got out of customs. My Package got out of customs on the 4th, and hasn't updated yet. Do you think they are keeping it there or is it moving on to my house? Customs is located in San Fransisco, and I live in LA. I figured I would have it by now, because shipping from San Fransisco to my house usually takes 1 day. Hmm.

Aug 6, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #2 of 14
I find USPS's tracking to be only semi-reliable. It's probably still on its way to your local post office. If it says it left customs then I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's only been about 2 days. I usually calculate a couple days from customs plus another day at my local post office before it gets sent out for delivery to my house.

Aug 6, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #3 of 14
GRAHHHH the only reason I am really spazzing out on this is because they are my custom IEM's, and I leave for New York on Monday and not coming back till december!

Aug 6, 2009 at 7:05 PM Post #4 of 14
If it left customs... I would think that it should be here before Monday, but you never know. It's probably going to be close. Good luck.

Aug 6, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #5 of 14
USPS "tracking" is anything but in my experience. I've had tracked packages that show nothing but the item being shipped even upon arrival.

Don't worry, it's probably on its way.

Aug 6, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #6 of 14
Nevermind... Read the OP wrong.

Aug 6, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #7 of 14
I find USPS tracking to be horrible, but I use them for their economical rates and great shipping speed for the price. I've had a fair share of packages that didn't update until they were delivered two or three days later.

Aug 6, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #8 of 14
I truly can't recall ever having USPS tracking show anything other than "your package has been received by USPS", or something along those lines.

Sometime after I receive the package, it will change to "Delivered".

Basically, you know it's on the way, but have no clue as to where it is exactly until it is in your hands.

Aug 6, 2009 at 9:45 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by tenzip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I truly can't recall ever having USPS tracking show anything other than "your package has been received by USPS", or something along those lines.

Sometime after I receive the package, it will change to "Delivered".

Basically, you know it's on the way, but have no clue as to where it is exactly until it is in your hands.

I don't know why, but that's how it used to be for me. However, lately they've been updating it pretty well. I just wish they put up an ETA like UPS and FedEx.

Aug 7, 2009 at 12:35 AM Post #11 of 14
It was updating every day until it got out of customs!!!! lame. I guess I should call them tomorrow.

Aug 7, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find USPS tracking to be horrible, but I use them for their economical rates and great shipping speed for the price. I've had a fair share of packages that didn't update until they were delivered two or three days later.

Same here. Only thing it is good for is letting the buyer know the item has been received at USPS. I usually find out from the buyer the item was delivered before it's updated on the USPS site.

Aug 7, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #13 of 14
I sold something on ebay to a guy in Beijing (I'm in the US). USPS was taking forever so the guy questioned me. I gave him the tracking # which never updated from it's original "Package has been processed" state. After about 2 weeks he filed a paypal complaint and paypal asked me for the tracking number. I gave it and they didn't like that it wasn't changing. I guess this was "my fault" as they refunded his $250 for the item. For all I know he got both the product and the refund.

Maybe it got stuck in customs or something. If so, it would have been nice for USPS to update the tracking information with that tidbit. This of course was also paypal's fault but in the end I just decided to forget about it and let the gentleman enjoy his free gift.

Aug 7, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #14 of 14
USPS doesn't offer proper tracking... once a package is in the hands of the USPS the most you can expect is delivery confirmation

on rare occasions you might see some of the stops it makes on it's way to you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back