USPS Shipping Shenanaganz....
Oct 11, 2010 at 1:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Rise To The Top

1000+ Head-Fier
So, I had a package that I ordered three weeks back, 50 ECG electrodes put into a large first class envelope. Nothing difficult. When I ordered the electrodes, I realized that Paypal hadn't recognized my address change, and still had my old school address as the shipping address. Nothing difficult again, as my school forwards all of my mail that I get in Durham down here to Boston. So, my old school gets them, and after a delayed period they forward them to my new address. Now here is the funny part. I also had a book that was forwarded at the same exact time. The book made it here two days after being forwarded... but the electrodes have a very different story. I'll let the tracking explain...

http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabelInquiry.do?origTrackNum=9101128882300339264271

Has anyone else ever had something like this happen? I still haven't received the electrodes, but I am hoping that they come in today.

Oct 11, 2010 at 2:57 PM Post #2 of 3
USPS is completely unpredictable. I ordered some tea from California (Den's) and it took a full week to arrive. One of my friends, who lives in the same building, placed an order from the same place a couple weeks later. It arrived in one day. Both USPS priority mail.

Unlike UPS though, USPS tends to deliver things undamaged and doesn't ignore you when you try to file an insurance claim. Nor do they tack on $5 fuel surcharges two weeks after you shipped your item.

Oct 11, 2010 at 3:01 PM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
USPS is completely unpredictable. I ordered some tea from California (Den's) and it took a full week to arrive. One of my friends, who lives in the same building, placed an order from the same place a couple weeks later. It arrived in one day. Both USPS priority mail.

Unlike UPS though, USPS tends to deliver things undamaged and doesn't ignore you when you try to file an insurance claim. Nor do they tack on $5 fuel surcharges two weeks after you shipped your item.

Yea, I just don't understand why the hell the package went to my school, then came down to Boston for a brief period, then got sent back to California, and is now back here in Boston a day later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back