USPS is the worst
Feb 11, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #2 of 9
Oh man, I've been there. I've tracked my package as it went by my place, maybe a half mile away, through 2 other states, and then back to me. But I've had even worse luck with fedex... package damage, failure to pick up at scheduled time, failure to cancel pickup, failure to reschedule pickup, inept customer service, people not calling back, telling me things that couldn't possibly be true, claiming multiple delivery attempts when I was sitting in view of my door all day for 2 days... Complete failure.

Feb 13, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #3 of 9
I actually work for USPS. One thing to understand is they process and handle ENORMOUS amounts of mail and packages. What UPS does in a year, USPS does in a day. Not sure how your package ended up going to the other side of the country(every location sorts out stuff that got misrouted and redirects it), but mistakes are gonna happen. Sorry it happened to you. I know how hard it sucks; you get all excited and filled with anticipation for your new cans only to get ****blocked.
mad.gif

Feb 13, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #5 of 9
As a rule, I don't bother waiting for a package unless it actually says out for delivery on the tracking.

Personally, I prefer USPS, since they can get into my building without me having to watch the front door like a hawk to make sure they don't come, realize it's locked, then leave, forcing me to wait another day or two. USPS has always been very reliable from my experience, and I've used it a lot, so I'd just shrug this off as bad luck.

My gripe is with customs. Sometimes, packages clear in no time at all, while others sit there for weeks on end!

Feb 13, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #6 of 9
Sorry man 
beerchug.gif

All I can say is that all postal services these days have lots of misplaced or late packages, but I hate it when it's this bad. And what's worse is when the products are severely damaged because the boxes are thrown around. 

I understand mistakes happen and I have calmed down a bit and feel less frustrated since making this thread, like I said I was just blowing off some steam. Anyway, according to USPS tracking I should have my package today but that's what it said yesterday and it was never delivered. I can definitely respect the work you put in and I'm sure most of the time packages do get to their destination on time but since this is the first time I have used USPS in awhile it doesn't instill me with confidence when shipping anything USPS and I'll be sticking with UPS in the future.

I agree with this, but I just want to say that it's kind of rediculus how it got so far across the country. Think of how many checkpoints it had to go through without being noticed, that's my point.

Feb 13, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #8 of 9
That's what's so crazy about it. Machines automatically catch stuff that's in the right county but the wrong town,  let alone the wrong state/time zone/coast. Then there's an added layer of people who will see an obviously out of place package and be like "yeah this is in the wrong place" and manually re-route it. A lot of crazy one-in-a-thousand type things had to happen for your cans to end up on the other side of the country like that. :-$

Users who are viewing this thread

Back