USPS Express Mail International -advice-
Jul 20, 2009 at 7:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Bullseye

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey Head-F1ers
smily_headphones1.gif

I purchased a pair of headphones via an ebay seller, and he shipped them via USPS Express international. In the USPS tracking site you can see the following:

Guaranteed Delivery Date: July 20, 2009
Class: Express Mail International®

SO basically the guaranteed delivery date is not as guaranteed as it seems. I believe I will be getting my package during this week.

So, what should I do with this? Who should I contact to ask about this guaranteed delivery date issue? What are my best options here?

Jul 20, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #3 of 23
Note in the terms linked by jsaliga, the date is not guaranteed if:

Quote:

c. The shipment was detained or delayed by customs authorities or other law enforcement agency for law enforcement purposes;

Jul 20, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #4 of 23
Cheers.

Darn, doesn't look too good
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Limitations on refund of postage—postage will not be refunded if any of the following conditions apply:
a. Delivery was attempted but could not be made;
b. The delivery address or postal code was incomplete or inaccurate;
c. The shipment was detained or delayed by customs authorities or other law enforcement agency for law enforcement purposes;

Hmm damn customs.

EDIT: BradJudy that was fast for <1 minute...

Jul 20, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #5 of 23
Bullseye - Express Mail International essentially comes through EMS channels. What I would do is go to the online site of the post office in your country and put in the tracking number you get (should be something like ECXXXXXXXXXUS). I have found when I send stuff with EMS overseas, especially in Europe, it can be better tracked using that country's post office site for detailed and updated info.

Jul 20, 2009 at 7:56 PM Post #6 of 23
Agree with xenithon. There is a better chance of getting updated info from the post service taking over the package, at least this is how it works where I live.

Anyway, if they still are at the customs, there could be numerous reasons for it. If so, I would make a call and see if there is some additional info they need or something. Happened to me several times.

Good luck, and happy listening when they arrive.

Jul 20, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #7 of 23
Yeah, learned that tip with other shipments, but in this one, on my postal office tracking system nothings shows up. So, I assume that when it arrives home a few days later the info will appear. It sometimes happens that way.

Well, guess I will have to wait and hope for no customs fees
rolleyes.gif
Hate those b***rds
biggrin.gif

Jul 20, 2009 at 10:27 PM Post #8 of 23
Apologies for a threadjacking, but what's the best way to ship internationally and avoid customs delays?

Jul 20, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #9 of 23
Being lucky!

Jul 21, 2009 at 11:12 AM Post #11 of 23
I suggest you contact your local postal service, or use their online tracking.
They probably have more up-to-date information about the parcel progress than USPS. At least that is my experience.

Jul 21, 2009 at 11:15 AM Post #12 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by omegaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That just isn't happening for you at the minute
redface.gif
Twice in a week !!!

Yeah, at least with the HF-2
angry_face.gif

With the newcomer is still in customs, but if I don't have to pay for customs it will be cool
rolleyes.gif

Jul 21, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #13 of 23
What's the chance of not paying customs tax / VAT on a new item sent from the US or Asia to Europe (roughly)? 50%?

Did it happened to you that a used item shipped to Europe was taxed?

Jul 21, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #14 of 23
The chance of not paying customs depends on the price the package is marked as, the customs service in your country and the laws that apply to receiving packages of X price from Y country. Basically you depend on how lucky you are that day
smily_headphones1.gif

No used item that arrived to my place was taxed. It was a new pair of Grado HF-2. They left from TTVJ in a sealed box, but at customs they unsealed the box to check if something else (drugs maybe, or anything suspicious) was trying to get through. When I opened my package at home I only saw the unsealed box, but when I opened it I checked the headphones were in their place, nothing was moved. So they just opened, looked and close and repacked.
rolleyes.gif

Anyways still waiting for the other package I started this thread for to get out of customs, and hopefully skip taxes
rolleyes.gif
Anything can happen this time
biggrin.gif

Jul 22, 2009 at 11:44 AM Post #15 of 23
Well, my package just left customs. Now I will have to wait till it is delivered to my home. When it does I will receive good or bad news. Pray for me so I don't need to pay for customs
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back