USPS assistance
Sep 16, 2020 at 3:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Nostoi

Headphoneus Supremus
If this thread is inappropriate, please feel free to delete it, Mr. Mod.

Otherwise, are there any forum members who work for USPS and can help me locate a package?

Thank you kindly. :pray:

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #2 of 9
I've had some bad luck with this. The procedure that seems to work, if you can't find any tracking info on the USPS site, is for the person who sent the package to file a claim. They don't seem to accept any complaints from the guy who is supposed to receive the package. :frowning2:

GLWP

Sep 16, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #3 of 9
I've had some bad luck with this. The procedure that seems to work, if you can't find any tracking info on the USPS site, is for the person who sent the package to file a claim. They don't seem to accept any complaints from the guy who is supposed to receive the package. :frowning2:

GLWP
Thank you. That does seem to be the case indeed. Anything entering (or attempting) the USPS system seems to be engulfed in a Bermuda Triangle void. I have all the tracking, it's just inert and evidently lost - that's both a package from the US to Vienna and one from Vienna to the US. My bad really for thinking it would be ok during Covid. I've had no issues at all with Fed-Ex/DHL, etc, but anything involving USPS is always a mistake.

Sep 16, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #4 of 9
Thank you. That does seem to be the case indeed. Anything entering (or attempting) the USPS system seems to be engulfed in a Bermuda Triangle void. I have all the tracking, it's just inert and evidently lost - that's both a package from the US to Vienna and one from Vienna to the US. My bad really for thinking it would be ok during Covid. I've had no issues at all with Fed-Ex/DHL, etc, but anything involving USPS is always a mistake.
How long have you been waiting? Between the Netherlands and the US I have had parcels delivered within one or two weeks, but also some that took over a month. So far I haven't lost anything (might have been lucky).

Sep 16, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #5 of 9

Decades ago USPS was so much better and cheaper. Nowadays it's difficult to find any shipper that works all the time. But I have seen several packages in recent years disappear from tracking and arrive anyway.

Had a good experience with DHL China recently. It's probably worth paying for the faster delivery services as they seem to track better.

Still, get the sender involved to make a claim for the one being sent to you and file a claim for the one you sent.

Sep 16, 2020 at 1:07 PM Post #6 of 9
How long have you been waiting? Between the Netherlands and the US I have had parcels delivered within one or two weeks, but also some that took over a month. So far I haven't lost anything (might have been lucky).
2 months on the Austria to US package; 2.5 months on the US to Austria package.

Sep 16, 2020 at 1:22 PM Post #8 of 9
Decades ago USPS was so much better and cheaper. Nowadays it's difficult to find any shipper that works all the time. But I have seen several packages in recent years disappear from tracking and arrive anyway.

Had a good experience with DHL China recently. It's probably worth paying for the faster delivery services as they seem to track better.

Still, get the sender involved to make a claim for the one being sent to you and file a claim for the one you sent.
Yep, it's my bad for not paying about 20$ extra for DHL. That was dumb on my part.

The sender is looking into it, and from my end, the buyer is also patient and gracious. A refund will be issued in each case, it's just annoying to wait so long only for the package to disappear.

Sep 16, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #9 of 9
Yep, it's my bad for not paying about 20$ extra for DHL. That was dumb on my part.

The sender is looking into it, and from my end, the buyer is also patient and gracious. A refund will be issued in each case, it's just annoying to wait so long only for the package to disappear.

What's even worse is when you get the package after 6 months and you already spent the refund you got and have to pay the seller all over again :p

My friend in America bought me something on scamazon and sent it to me. The post office on my end (not in Czech rather another country where I was living) couldn't read English on the label and let it rot for 3 months and then sent it back to him. He sent it to me again and I finally received it. I think it took about 5 months total and I paid for shipping 2X. Product was made in Taiwan so it was probably the greatest distance anything travelled to get to the customer :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back