using wm phones as portable source?
Nov 12, 2008 at 3:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

bingtheone

New Head-Fier
since there are quite a few new windows mobile cellphones floating around recently, i'm wondering the possibility of using them as a portable audio source.

i'm thinking this as something similar to what happened to nokia 8310 before: feed our usb headamp with windows mobile cellphone. since most of the wm cellphones have usb jack, and we do have some decent headamp that supports usb digital input, connecting them should not be a problem. so the key, i guess, should be tweaking the operating system and make it send the audio signal to the usb end.

if this is something that is already been done, please let me know. if not, anybody have any idea of how to do it?

it would be great for me if it is feasible. this would save me a mp3 player, which means both money and convenience!

Nov 12, 2008 at 5:01 AM Post #2 of 2
I agree that this would be a great thing. However I don't think it is currently possible.

I guess there would need to be some USB audio drivers written for windows mobile to send the data to the DAC. I have no idea how hard that would be if it were even possible.

Certainly would be a fantastic idea though!

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back