Using my Polk Audio RTI A3's with my computer and reciver. Need help
Aug 29, 2008 at 8:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Trax416

Head-Fier
Hello.

I need some help and clarification with what I am doing. (using onboard sound btw)

My goal is to have the audio from my PC, go from my onboard sound to my Onkyo TX-SR505, into my Polk Audio RTI A3's in a stereo setup. I want my receiver to act as the "soundcard" and deal with all the audio signals. I am trying to by-pass any onboard/windows related functions and let me receiver do all the work.

Now, I am know very little about computer audio, so I want to make sure what I am doing is right. If it's wrong, let me know if there is a better way to fix this issue.

Right now I have a digital Optical audio cable running from the output on my motherboard, into the Onkyo. From what I have read, using this type of connection sends an untouched audio signal to my receiver and allows it to do all the processing. This is basically what I want, but I am not sure it's doing this.

So any help would be appreciated. If I need to buy a soundcard, I will. My budget is $300+. However if I don't have to that would be best.

Aug 29, 2008 at 10:58 PM Post #2 of 2
Ok, from what i have read on various sites, I am going to need a soundcard with Native ASIO support. Then install the ASIO plug-in for Foobar2000.

Does anyone recommend a soundcard with Native ASIO support and a SPDIF out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back