Using MiniWatt N3, need some help
Jan 22, 2012 at 12:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

faverodefavero

100+ Head-Fier

Hi, I have a few questions about the Miniwatt N3, since I plan on using it as a MAIN headphone amplifier:

I would like to know if the N3 would be a good headphone amplifier choice for a HE-5LE and/or HE-500 headphones from HiFiMan, please.

Also, I'd like to know which are the different impedance output connections on the N3 are for, and which (and why) would be more suited for headphones? And what the
remaining output (on N3) connections could be used with.

About lower impedance headphones (like Grados), can they be used with the N3 and have a great sound out of it? Which outputs should I use for this kind of headphone, please?

Last: Please, I'd REALLY like to know how does the Miniwatt N3 compares against high voltage Headphone amplifiers (on Headphone driving, of course), more specifically the Schiit Lyr and HiFiMan EF5? 

EXTRA: What would be the difference between headphone only amplifiers and speaker amplifiers when driving headphones (other than power, of course) and how can this be  heard (actually noticed)?

I've been looking out for answers to this questions around the Web, but found nothing on it... So, if you can, please help me out. 

Thank you so very much for the help!

The Miniwatt N3:

http://aloaudio.com/miniwatt-n3-tube-amp.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back