Using Line-in Socket for Speakers
Jan 19, 2018 at 12:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Vlad2

New Head-Fier
Hello,

There are three sockets on the back of my system unit: Line-in, Line-out, and Microphone. The headphones jack is inserted into the Line-out socket. I also need to connect the speakers, but when I insert their jack into Line-in, they do not work. (On another system unit, when I plugged the speakers into Line-in, Realtek Manager displayed a window asking whether the plugged device were front speakers, headphones, Line-in, or a microphone. After I selected “speakers,” the speakers worked.)

What needs to be changed in the settings to use the Line-out socket for headphones and the Line-in socket for speakers?

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #2 of 12
Your speakers need to be connected to a line out. The line in probably worked on your other system because the jack could be configured as either input or output, but that's not a common feature. Do you have a headphone jack on the front of your system to use for headphone, while the speakers plug into the line out on the back?

Jan 20, 2018 at 8:51 AM Post #3 of 12
There is a Line-out socket on the front of the system unit, but it did not work. The mainboard inside may not be linked to it. The sockets in the previous system unit could be configured to function either as Line-in or Line-out in Realtek Manager. Since the current system unit is about 10 years newer than the older one, it would be logical to expect it likewise to have sockets configurable in Realtek Manager.

Jan 20, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #4 of 12
There are three sockets on the back of my system unit: Line-in, Line-out, and Microphone. The headphones jack is inserted into the Line-out socket. I also need to connect the speakers, but when I insert their jack into Line-in, they do not work. (On another system unit, when I plugged the speakers into Line-in, Realtek Manager displayed a window asking whether the plugged device were front speakers, headphones, Line-in, or a microphone. After I selected “speakers,” the speakers worked.)

What needs to be changed in the settings to use the Line-out socket for headphones and the Line-in socket for speakers?

Line Input means it goes into the device that line input is on.

Line output means the signal goes out of the device through that output.

There is a Line-out socket on the front of the system unit, but it did not work. The mainboard inside may not be linked to it.

Check if this is plugged in.
P3nyy.png

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2018 at 12:21 AM Post #9 of 12
The sound panel is connected to the mainboard, but there is still no sound. Does it have to be connected to a different place on the mainboard?

There's no other port for it to hook up to Either this is a software problem or some hardware is broken somewhere.

Switch off the computer and reseat the connection. Run the mobo audio suite and see if there's a manual switch there.

Feb 12, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #12 of 12
I have run the Troubleshooting multiple times on each on the listed devices (speakers, headphones, and two HDMI devices), but the sound is still not coming from the front panel. However, the USB port in the same panel works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back