Using high end headphone rigs/actually any headphone rigs in the office...
Mar 30, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #16 of 17
I have a buffalo->wire->K340 sitting in my office, and work as a grad student which is pretty over the top.  In general, I feel it makes my time that I'm sitting in my office (not in the lab) more enjoyable.  I previously had hd280s in the office which bugged me since they sounded really unclear with respect to this setup (and home setup).  I typically listen to music while doing deskwork whether it be powerpoint, data analysis or reading papers (not textbooks) since it doesn't require my full thinking power since it also drowns out any background air handlers from our building and it helps me concentrate.  Having a worse setup at work simply gives me less motivation to stay in the office to do work as I can go home and have a superior setup (and do the same thing via remote desktop).  People have been pretty curious about my setup since nobody else has anything similar, but for each their own and it doesn't really prevent people from talking to me as talking between group members is generally unavoidable in my environment.

Mar 30, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #17 of 17
My job involves either sitting at a bench, building or reworking electronic stuff, or in my cubicle, at a computer. I just finished building a Millett MiniMAX, so I'll probably bring my Goldpoint amp to work next week. I have an 80G iMod for my source. I generally just use closed headphones, although I do have a few pairs of IEMs. I find IEMs to be less convenient, though - too much hassle to put them in and take them out several times a day.

I find music can help block out distractions and noise, although since I work in a small group, in a somewhat isolated area, the noise and distractions aren't as bad as some other areas in the company I've worked. But, I always appreciate good tunes. I may build a portable amp to mate up with my iMod for when I'm in my lab, and keep the Goldpoint on my desk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back