Using head-fi on a phone
Feb 2, 2015 at 5:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

prot

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone
I mostly use my phone to browse news, forums, etc. Reading and posting on headfi from an iphone is however quite painful. Is there an app (couldnt find any in app store) or how do you guys do it?

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:46 AM Post #4 of 12
I do t know about app, but I use headfi on my Nexus 4 3rd party browser called 'Go Browser". A bit laggy at times due to my network strength

Reading the forum is ok in a phone browser but editing a msg on my iphone5 is a mess. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong, dont know. The edit box is very small, reacts badly to touch, etc.
Actually trying the tapatalk app now, seems much better.

Feb 2, 2015 at 5:52 AM Post #6 of 12
Thx, trying that already. All fine but just cant find how to edit my posts. Is it possible? And the quoted answers look bad, no separation between quote and answer text.
Could you recommend a quick tapatalk how to?

Hah soz, I haven't used Tapatalk to post long text etc. just a few words
It's a bit tricky at first especially since the newer version isn't as good as older versions

Feb 2, 2015 at 6:01 AM Post #7 of 12
Thx, trying that already. All fine but just cant find how to edit my posts. Is it possible? And the quoted answers look bad, no separation between quote and answer text.
Could you recommend a quick tapatalk how to?

Hah soz, I haven't used Tapatalk to post long text etc. just a few words
It's a bit tricky at first especially since the newer version isn't as good as older versions

It's pretty good for writing. Really good compared to the browser interface.
Just those two annoying issues about quotes and editing my own post. Just cannot find how. I'll just google I guess.
Thx for the quick suggestion

Feb 2, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #9 of 12
You should be using Google Chrome App for browsing Head-Fi on your mobile devices.

it's the most efficient and everything works well.

The edit icon is at the bottom / center of my post. Looks like a pen.

Feb 2, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #10 of 12
You should be using Google Chrome App for browsing Head-Fi on your mobile devices.

it's the most efficient and everything works well.

The edit icon is at the bottom / center of my post. Looks like a pen.

Thanks, gonna try that. Looks the same in safari. But in tapatalk I just dont have any "edit" button. I've read something about conflicting versions, like the server tapatalk used by headfi may be old

Feb 2, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #11 of 12
Thanks, gonna try that. Looks the same in safari. But in tapatalk I just dont have any "edit" button. I've read something about conflicting versions, like the server tapatalk used by headfi may be old

Something else you guys should know is. At the bottom of the page (on your mobiles) you can flick between mobile / desktop. There are some features not supported on the mobile version. For example, bumping a classified in the for sale section, giving thumbs up to a review in the reviews section.

If you ever get stuck, reverting back to the old desktop version usually does what you need.

I would just use Chrome. I'm on Andriod and have a keyboard App called "Swiftkey" This has predictive text, most of my sound terms and much of my Head-Fi lingo are all learnt by the Andriod keyboard, I can whip up posts quite quickly with text prediction.

Swiftkey keyboard for Android users: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.touchtype.swiftkey&hl=en

Feb 2, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #12 of 12
Tried chrome on the iphone. Definitely better than safari, at least selecting/copy text works fine. But the reply box where you write the msg is still too small and hard to use for anything longer than 2 lines. Tapatalk is much better, one can actually write large posts. Just missing that edit-my-post thing a lot. .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back