Using gym equipment
Aug 23, 2011 at 11:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Czilla9000

10 Year Member. Still no custom title.
Hello,

So an idea I had:

I live at an apartment with a small gym. Since I work freelance, I can use it when everyone else is at work. Brilliant!

The only problem is I'm not sure if I'm using some of the equipment correctly, or what exercises I should be doing. Therefore I was wondering if anyone could recommend an online guide to using common gym equipment, or something of that sort to get me started. 

Thanks!

Aug 24, 2011 at 5:41 AM Post #2 of 4
exrx.net is a pretty good resource, but it is quite in-depth and you'll have to read a lot before you can start. forum.bodybuilding.com can offer good advice and and starting tips if used carefully (the misc section on the site is a little like 4chan, so beware).
Other than that, I don't think websites are that great.. many articles and websites just follow hypes and don't give any good advice if at all (some are marketing scams), saying that this routine or that exercise is the ultimate, when in the end, things work differently for different people.
If you have absolutely no idea about working out at all, I'd suggest you hire a good personal trainer (if you have the money to spare. otherwise prepare to wade through swamps of information, contradicting advice, and a lot of trial and error). They will at least push you to go to the gym regularly, push your workouts and show you correct form (I hope). But of course beware that some personal trainers actually don't know what they are doing haha.

Aug 24, 2011 at 10:13 AM Post #3 of 4
Look out for military physical workout regimes. They don't get you to build crazy muscle mass, 
but they make your muscles more familiar with fatigue, increases endurance, etc. Personally, I
think warming up and then doing an exercise to the point of failure, for a couple of sets, is a good
workout. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back