Using Esoteric DV50s with DVD-A discs
Oct 11, 2007 at 11:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

electrathecat

500+ Head-Fier
I have a stand-alone (i.e., not attached to a TV) Esoteric DV50s that I've never tried using to play DVD-Audio discs. On a practical level how feasible is it to use DVD-As in a player such as the DV50s without on-screen guidance? Does it vary by disc?

Oct 12, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #2 of 6
Wasn't there a setting on DV-50s that'll let you choose what section of DVD-A it will play on default? I can't remember for certain since mine was connected to a TV when I had it and didn't have problem picking what to play.

Oct 12, 2007 at 4:23 PM Post #3 of 6
Yes you can do this easily. When you put a disc in a number will appear which is the 'chapter'. Before the disc fully reads and starts playing, use the track up down buttons to select another chapter. 1 will be multichannel, 1 will be stereo, etc... You do not need on screen guidance. You can see what it is playing because the display will show multiple output channels or just stereo (1 and 2).

Neil

Oct 16, 2007 at 2:50 AM Post #5 of 6
Great, thanks guys. I just ordered my first two DVD-A discs to try out: the Eagle's Hell Freezes Over and Frampton Comes Alive. Can't wait to hear how they sound!

Oct 16, 2007 at 3:09 AM Post #6 of 6
Glad you haven't sold the dv50s yet! Great source man
smily_headphones1.gif

Esoteric 4 life
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back