Using EAC+LAME with Windows Media Player 11
Nov 28, 2010 at 1:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

LizardKing1

Headphoneus Supremus
Now, you must all be wondering why on earth am I using the best CD-ripper with the best lossy encoder available, and then I'm using such a low player like WMP. Well the thing is I own a Sony A845, and since Sony dumped my long-loved Sonicstage, which was amazing at organizing libraries, I now have to deal with Microsoft's "special" child for uploading music on my player: WMP.

My main problem is that I actually buy CDs with my own money, instead of downloading illegal versions. This is a problem because WMP is ironically way better at organizing illegal music than EAC-ripped one. So I used to just rip directly with EAC, open the library, play the songs and I was unable to edit them. The Edit button just wasn't available. Advanced Tag Editor worked, until I actually uploeaded the music and found ou nearly all my tags (such as album, track title, band name...) had gone. So after a few hours of screaming, crying and a bit of track editing too, I gave up and went out drinking.

After a while I decided I was going to get that stupid program working. I now can make it work after a while, but is always fails at something, there's always an unlabelled track. I was just wondering if anyone else has this drama with WMP external enconding. Please respond, this is really lame (pun intended).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back