using d-ej01 accessories with 915
Mar 5, 2003 at 11:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Johno

Head-Fier
Does anyone know if the d-ej01 aluminum external battery case is compatible with the d-ej915..

I have all the accessories from a d-ej01 and was wondering if i could use them with the 915..

thanks,

Mar 6, 2003 at 1:52 AM Post #2 of 6
I can interchange the remote and external battery packs between my 915 and 725. Its neat how my 725 can use a remote with a digital display because the original 725 remote only had cheapy buttons with no display. As long the external battery pack is 2 AA batteries and adapter fits, I think you are safe. I have only seen one type of external battery pack from sony - the dark plastic cylinderical one.

Edit - I just noticed you said "aluminum pack". Hmmm I don't ever recalling seeing a silver colored external pack. I can't really answer your question then. Sorry
frown.gif

Mar 6, 2003 at 2:43 AM Post #3 of 6
The external pack that came with the d-EJ01 is very classy and much more aesthetically pleasing in comparsion to the typical plastic packs. Lol, I just looked up the price on Sony's parts website, priced at $62.91.. that's crazy.. To think I was going to just give it to charity...

Mar 6, 2003 at 2:48 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by pedxing

Edit - I just noticed you said "aluminum pack". Hmmm I don't ever recalling seeing a silver colored external pack. I can't really answer your question then. Sorry
frown.gif

for that price it may as well be made out of gold....

Mar 6, 2003 at 4:09 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by Johno
The external pack that came with the d-EJ01 is very classy and much more aesthetically pleasing in comparsion to the typical plastic packs.

doesn't the D-EJ01's battery pack hang from a wire just like the D-EJ915? that to me is definately not aesthetically pleasing. i dunno what sony were thinking. why didn't they just keep the screw on battery pack like the D-777?
confused.gif

cheers.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 6, 2003 at 5:05 AM Post #6 of 6
Well, metal is better than plastic.. It designed to be used with the carrying case, otherwise it just dangles. Your right... I just bought a Pana 470 and was pleased with the screw on type battery case. It just makes too much sense...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back