Using braided USB cables?
Oct 3, 2015 at 5:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

blse59

100+ Head-Fier
This should be fine for audio, no? It transfers the digital bits just the same. Just wondering because I need something flexible to position my USB dac/amp better on my desk. I'm thinking of something like these:

http://www.amazon.com/iOrange-E-Reversible-Braided-Android-Motorola/dp/B00UVRESIC/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&qid=1443906406&sr=8-21&keywords=micro+usb+cable

http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Braided-Tangle-Free-Gold-Plated-Connectors/dp/B00SUX3XQC/ref=pd_sim_107_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1GJ1SS9RB774WKX3EQ8B&dpID=31ynDmfEZZL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_

Oct 3, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #2 of 7
I don't see why it wouldn't work unless it's defective - it should be standard wiring underneath the fabric. As far as "unless it's defective" - I've had very hit and miss luck with no-name Chinese mfgrs and their "premium" products (like the stuff you've linked); I'm not trying to rail against Chinese manufacturing or anything, this has just been my experience. For a few bucks I'd say give it a shot though. :)

Oct 3, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #3 of 7
I don't see why it wouldn't work unless it's defective - it should be standard wiring underneath the fabric. As far as "unless it's defective" - I've had very hit and miss luck with no-name Chinese mfgrs and their "premium" products (like the stuff you've linked); I'm not trying to rail against Chinese manufacturing or anything, this has just been my experience. For a few bucks I'd say give it a shot though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, the manufacture was one of the things I was worried about. If you or anyone know of a quality manufacturer that makes a quality braided or non-braided cable (3 ft.) feel free to recommend.
wink_face.gif

Oct 5, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #7 of 7

Buying from Amazon is not an option here in Norway.
Buying from eBay is getting much the same ****, whatever country you buy from.
Buying cheap (and even not so cheap!) USB cables from Chinese sellers is a lottery!
I have tested many of those I have bought, and after asking and getting a refund (minus shipping, of course!) most of them go straight to the recycle bin.
If you want a USB cable that works, go to a phone shop, or a camera shop!
Nokia, Samsung, Sony, they all sell brand USB cables, some very short and some a bit longer.
A bit more pricey than cheap Chinese cables!
But none of these manufacturers want their products to fail and get a bad reputation because of a poor interconnect cable!
They make sure the cables made for them is up to standard, and if not, they do act.
I have made this experience several times, I am not buying ****ty Interconnects on the Internet anymore!

I'll keep that in mind. That is a very rational way of looking at it. I haven't pulled the trigger yet. Still looking at the options. Thanks for the suggestions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back