Using Beyerdynamic DT1350 looking for an upgrade
Apr 20, 2019 at 6:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Fishflood

New Head-Fier
I'm new to the full size headphone world. I've been happy with my IEMs for a while but then I bought an xDSD and I just thought I'd try a headphone because the IEMs didn't benefit much from the xDSD. I had used Beyerdynamics on a couple work projects so I did some research and grabbed the 1350s and I love them. Exactly the kind of sound I was looking for. So now I'm wondering if there's some other on ear headphone that's clearly better at what the 1350s do well? I'm not looking for a lateral move. Willing to spend up to $500.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Apr 21, 2019 at 7:14 PM Post #2 of 2
On-ear headphones are kind of niche - I presume you need them for portability/form-factor? As a former owner of the DT1350s, I loved their neutral signature, but simply couldn't handle the noise of the cable continually rubbing on my left shoulder! Another fairly neutral on-ear is the Audeze SINE, which is worth auditioning. I will note that the fit/seal can be a bit picky however.

My recommendation for the best-performing portable cans with a neutral signature are the OPPO PM3. I will note that they are over-ear however, but worth it.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back