Using a subwoofer to compliment a headphone set up
Feb 18, 2006 at 10:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

patrox89

100+ Head-Fier
so im using a small klipsch sub (8 or 6" i think) along with my regular headphone setup, and im just wondering what i should be lookinf in using the sub. am i looking to just "feel" the bass better, or is to bring out more bass in recordings? i remember reading people with akg k1000s would use a sub because the k1000s were a little bass weak, but my headphones provide ample bass.

Feb 18, 2006 at 10:59 PM Post #3 of 7
I think a sub might work well with K1000's, because they don't close over your ears, so you can get a lot of impact from the sub. I'm not sure how much you'd get with a closed earphone or even an open design, unless you had the sub turned up quite high. But i agree that a bass shaker under your chair would allow you to feel the low frequencies that you hear on your headphones.

Feb 18, 2006 at 11:02 PM Post #4 of 7
ya the only real help witht low frequencies was with rap music, and then the small sub cant go that low, so really it hasnt helped much except for the impact.. maybe one of these bass shakers is an idea... where might one find one of these?

Feb 19, 2006 at 12:54 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeeeMeS
If you're really looking to feel the bass:

http://www.thetrue22.com/

I use a sub with my K1000s because no pure headphone setup is going to give me bass I can really feel.

And go deaf at the same time.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back