Using a dvd player(with built-in amp) to amp the Q Acoustics 2010
Feb 3, 2011 at 10:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

LordZero

100+ Head-Fier
 Hello,

I have been looking for a new speakers for my bedroom for a long time, I almost bought the M-audio AV40, but they are now hard to find in Europe at good prices.
So i choose to go with some bookshelf speakers like the Q Acoustics 2010, my problem is the amp for them.

Right now, I don't want to buy an amp(i will choose a good one later). I have been thinking in using a DVD player I have right here, with a built-in amp, it's a Sanyo TS762, these are the specs:

Quote:
Amplificador com potência de 220 W RMS (5 x 33 W + 55 W Subwoofer)
Descodificador Dolby Digital 5.1 e DTS incorporado
Sistema Q-Surround 5.1 
Conversor de áudio D/A de 96 Khz / 24 bits 

Will this be enough to amp the Q Acoustics 2010? Will they sound ok?

The setup will be something like this emu0202->Sanyo TS620->Q Acoustics 2010

Btw, are the Q Acoustics 2010 good? I want something for music, I want a little bass, but don't want to add a Sub. 

Best Regards

Feb 3, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #3 of 6
It will work, it will do as good or a better job than any of the super cheap amps and low end stereo receivers so unless you get an integrated amp or something you arent gonna lose anything by using that sanyo unit.

Feb 3, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #5 of 6
Thanks for the replies, I have been thinking in this a lot, it's nice to get some answers.

Yes, i though about the SQ, maybe I will not get the most out of the speakers, but if they sound better plugged to the sanyo than the AV40's sound plugged to the EMU0202, I don't mind, because they are cheaper.

But later I'm planning in getting a NuForce Icon, so i can replace the EMU 0202 with an DAC/amp for speakers and headphones, it must be better than running the headphones straight from the phono jack of the 0202.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back