Using a DAC\Amp with the V20
Jan 12, 2017 at 10:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Dartin Bout

100+ Head-Fier
After many hours of listening and testing, to the best I can tell, Android is limiting the playback of this wonderful phone to 16\48. I have tried an endless amount of playback apps.  Despite having only 24\192 files on my SDCard and an 150 ohm headphone, I'm a pretty sure it's downsampling. It does sound amazing when compared to every other smartphone I've had for the last 12 years. It still does record live music wonderfully at 24\192 and it plays back on my home setup gloriously.

I have a rolled souncard with Muse opamps and 2.1 set up for playing these same files (Marantz to Paradigm's) with a large SW. The V20 gets close but never seemed to be using the wav\flac's\dsd files to their fullest. 

Frustrated, I looked for a portable dac\amp that would get closer to expectations. I got a deal on an IBasso D14 Bushmaster and used the OTG output from the V20. Wow! This is the sound I expected from the promise of the built-in DAC . Hopefully the next iteration of Android will incorporate direct playback of 24\192. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back