Users of Sennheiser CX300 who went to ultimate Ears 5 Pros help and other headsets
Jan 27, 2008 at 9:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

meridius

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all

Is there any users who used to use the Sennheiser CX300 who upgraded to Ultimate Ears 5 Pros?, Can you tell me if the buds in the ultimate Ears 5 Pros have the same size rubber buds as the largest set of buds in the Sennheiser CX300 pack as these fit me perfectly.

also is there any other headset that is alot better then the Sennheiser CX300 as i want to upgrade and the Ultimate Ears 5 Pros do strech my pockets but i could buy them the only thing that is putting me off is how big thay are is there any thing that is just as good or slighty not as good as the UE 5 Pros but much much better than Sennheiser CX300.

hope somone can help thanks all

Jan 27, 2008 at 11:11 AM Post #2 of 8
As far as I know the CX300 users like bass heavy sound. They can't listen to anything else from that Sennheiser anyway...

But if You want detailed and flat (means no bass heavy) earphones, then look at the Jays d-Jays. They costs half than the 5 pros, and I think they are definitely sounds better especially on the highs and mids! And it's smaller.
They are micro-driver earphones.

Jan 27, 2008 at 11:35 AM Post #3 of 8
is there any headphones that have good as base as the Ue5 i have herd thay are good for that i dont like alot of base but i still like abit so it sounds good

but i want and try to get close to the CX300 maybe

Jan 27, 2008 at 11:39 AM Post #4 of 8
This is a bit round about, but my CX-300 tips fit on my UE Metro-Fi2s. They also fit on my CK7s and I have been told that UE tips also fit the CK7. That would mean that the CX300 tips will fit on the UEs.

Hope that helps.

Jan 27, 2008 at 2:27 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by meridius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks for that
is there any other good headphones i should look at as good as the ue 5 pros ?for the same price range

actually, there are too many. I'm looking at iem's in the same-ish range of $150-200, and its not easy ... Super.fi 5 pro, q-jays, ER4p, Atrio M5, Shure SE310, Denon C700 ... and I'm sure I've overlooked some others. Do some searches and you'll find more opinions on each of these than you probably want.

FWIW, I'm stuck between the Super.fi 5's and the q-jays right now. The Denons and the Atrios are both dynamic driver earphones, and for some reason I really want to try dual-driver micro armature earphones this time. Might not be a rational decision. Also, I'd have already bought the Westone UM2 or the Shure SE420 if they weren't $100 or more over the price of the others.

Jan 27, 2008 at 2:51 PM Post #7 of 8
Yes, there are so many choices, but some of them are warm and some of them are not so warm sound.

I heard the cx-300, and It didn't last for 3 days, because I went back to the store for my money. I didn't like it, I don't want so many bass but more detail.

If You just listen for what people say, some of them are only happy with 10+ dB more bass, and asking for the bass response on every earphone that didn't have it. I'd not recommend the Ety's, and Jays for them. The q-Jays has more bass than the d-Jays, but I'm sure, the 5Pro has more. Not better, but more!

So I think there can be 2 groups of these earphones, and You have to decide which sound You like more. I heard people who like the q-Jays better than the Shure 530, just because it has more detail, and different bass.

Jan 27, 2008 at 3:11 PM Post #8 of 8
if youre into the V type EQ, you could try the cx400. imo they are a detailed version of the cx300. actually they have less bass impact than the cx300 but more controlled so less muddy. and highs are much more crisp and sparkly (especially cymbals).

you can them at ebay for only around $50

Users who are viewing this thread

Back