useless...um I mean useful information
Apr 3, 2006 at 2:51 PM Post #31 of 37
Quote:

Wow has this gone off topic or what!

How do you get a thread titled "useless information" off track ?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

There was a thread on here recently with someone having insane difficulties soldering an RoHS compliant BUF634. Whatever they are doing it's heading for the worst.

Member Pinkfloyd hammered them on a concrete garage floor after the bad soldering experience.THAT is more in line with my thoughts on RoHs.
Details in the thread on the Meier HA-1/Cross-1 boards

Quote:

I am not sure what effect of the RoHs directive has on IC design, I hope the
effects are not as derogatory as the solder changes?

The solder is the LEAST problem and this compliance has been driving the chip makers nuts trying to get it right.They say all is well but I am not buying it or every time they say it there would not be a "it's better now" white paper.If there is no problem why does it need a fix ?

first there is the corporate "happy face" that is the attempt to make the best out of a bad situation :

http://www.elecdesign.com/whitepaper...0-2a62f4c033ad

almost too damn funny until you realise it is TI putting out such grammer school level crap (maybe they know something we don't ? That most engineers are idiots ?).i love this one :

http://www.elecdesign.com/whitepaper...b-20d602ba6ebc

so if I am reading that correctly,they are using standard lead coppper framing INSIDE but tocomply with RoHs the leads are UNLEADED and if that is correct then they are also saying "we really need to use the leaded but since we can not we cheated where we could but unfortunately YOU are fked and must use the unleaded leads for YOUR connections.Ours being internal are safe
tongue.gif
"

This crap would be funny if not so serious.Six months ago everything was "fine" according to the TI's of the world yet every week a new "we fixed that problem" comes out.Well if there never was a problem i really need to know why the fk you are fixing things that do not exist !

Because they are lying is why.All across the board it is a lie from the law itself,the reasons for it,to compliance and relaibility and WE are all caght in it whether we like it or not.The stock shortages of parts while the transition takes place (try to get a TO-220 BUF634) is only the tip of the problems we will end up with when amps either never work or cease operations for no apparent reason

Apr 3, 2006 at 5:54 PM Post #32 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garbz
That shows just how different these sound in our ears. I use the flanges btw. I was considering rolling the treble off as I found them a bit bright!

There was a thread on here recently with someone having insane difficulties soldering an RoHS compliant BUF634. Whatever they are doing it's heading for the worst.

Wow has this gone off topic or what!
evil_smiley.gif

Funny thing is they don't sound bright,I have none of that hard 2.5 k peak
sound anymore, they tend toward a weighty open spacious sound with
suitably nice recordings.
The whole thing as been tuned around the characteristics of the pcdp amp
and my preferences, thats the great thing about diy
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Your comment about the soldering the RoHs 634 is somewhat alarming,
as I have yet to try the 744.
I don't like to apply the hammer more than necessary with pesky projects...
eek.gif

Apr 3, 2006 at 7:25 PM Post #33 of 37
Apr 3, 2006 at 9:59 PM Post #34 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
How do you get a thread titled "useless information" off track ?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Say something useful
tongue.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
since I am all about overkill my choice would be three pound sledge WHAMMO !
icon10.gif

I see floor damage ahead! This is all very disturbing. I'm not looking forward to all the problems. Mind you I have bought a soldering station just incase so I can blast it with 450degrees. ... I wonder how long chips last at that temp...

Apr 3, 2006 at 10:56 PM Post #35 of 37
Quote:

Say something useful

I wonder what search key word in the future will bring up this thread and when that person arrives here if they will find the information they seek
evil_smiley.gif

how about "RoHs Compliant hammer them in Mini Inductors For tonal shaping of audio signals"
icon10.gif

Apr 4, 2006 at 2:44 AM Post #36 of 37
Lol if only the words "something useful" wern't considered common by vBulletin. Then when someone searches for something useful they get to a thread of useless information
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 21, 2006 at 5:26 AM Post #37 of 37
SUCESS!
The schematic including the dummy load was simulated in TINA from a standard opamp output:
attachment.php

And the freq response in the loopback test is:
attachment.php

There's a 22uf cap on the output of my soundcard rolling the bass off at 40hz, but this won't be a problem since the dedicated amp won't have output caps
very_evil_smiley.gif

Now to get the amp working and PCBs designed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back