Useless Endeavors-Tootsie Roll pops
Jan 15, 2005 at 5:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

iq160plus

100+ Head-Fier
I did count this once, and I wrote it down. I will NOT forget. It took me 10,417 licks to get to the Toosie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop. I was 12 years old, though now I turn 40 in a couple of days, I am still goofy enough to waste time trying it again just to tell my friends.

Anyone else bother trying this?

Also, likely USA only, but my wife, her sister and brother-in-law counted the number of sheets in a roll of Scott Brand toilet tissue. It says over 1000 on the wrapper. They each had to count the number of squares used, even at 3:00 AM and write it down. I thought that they were pathetic, until I asked them how many, and they dont even remember if it was over 1000 or not....Now that's pathetic! lol

Jan 15, 2005 at 7:23 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by iq160plus
I did count this once, and I wrote it down. I will NOT forget. It took me 10,417 licks to get to the Toosie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop. I was 12 years old, though now I turn 40 in a couple of days, I am still goofy enough to waste time trying it again just to tell my friends.

Will you please make some clarifications of the testing conditions, which this experiment took place? Can you prove to us that it took exactly 10,417 licks to get to the center? How do you define lick? Do you put the entire Pop into your mouth and suck on it for a specific amount of time, then take it out, or do you just lick it with an open tongue? Were there any other conditions that could alter the results like an extra long tongue, or excessive saliva?
As you can probably already tell, I am being highly sarcastic, but I refuse to not post to a thread dedicated strictly to Tootsie Roll Pops beings they are my favorite candy of all-time.
icon10.gif

Jan 15, 2005 at 7:33 AM Post #3 of 8
I love tootsie pops. Orange being my favorite. Orange + chocolate has a synergy.

I've never counted licks on these as I don't like to lick them. It looks kind of dumb. XD The other day I was sitting in the lobby at work listening to my iPod and eating an orange tootsie pop on my break, and all the high school boys kept staring at me. >.>; I seriously thought I had something on my face, but I guess they found something about me sexy. Orsomethinglikethat.

Jan 15, 2005 at 7:42 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeriyn
I've never counted licks on these as I don't like to lick them.

So you don't like to lick, huh? Well hey. If you prefer to suck, there's nothing wrong with that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeriyn
The other day I was sitting in the lobby at work listening to my iPod and eating an orange tootsie pop on my break, and all the high school boys kept staring at me. >.>; I seriously thought I had something on my face, but I guess they found something about me sexy.

They were dreaming. Trust me, I'm a guy. (And I'm real.)
tongue.gif

And yep orange is good, but it's tough for me to pick between that and cherry.

Jan 15, 2005 at 7:48 AM Post #5 of 8
My post seems to have disappeared . . . guess it was kinda inappropiate. =)

I haven't had a tootsie in years. Blue, baby. Good stuff.

Have ya heard the lil kim song "how many licks" yet. The fact that sisqo sings the chorus kinda scares me though . . .

Jan 22, 2005 at 1:48 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by CRESCENDOPOWER
Will you please make some clarifications of the testing conditions, which this experiment took place? Can you prove to us that it took exactly 10,417 licks to get to the center? How do you define lick? Do you put the entire Pop into your mouth and suck on it for a specific amount of time, then take it out, or do you just lick it with an open tongue? Were there any other conditions that could alter the results like an extra long tongue, or excessive saliva?
As you can probably already tell, I am being highly sarcastic, but I refuse to not post to a thread dedicated strictly to Tootsie Roll Pops beings they are my favorite candy of all-time.
icon10.gif

Man, I now feel incompetent.......1,2,3,4,5,...........lol (licking out loud)!
tongue.gif

Jan 22, 2005 at 2:11 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by iq160plus

Anyone else bother trying this?

Also, likely USA only, but my wife, her sister and brother-in-law counted the number of sheets in a roll of Scott Brand toilet tissue. It says over 1000 on the wrapper. They each had to count the number of squares used, even at 3:00 AM and write it down. I thought that they were pathetic, until I asked them how many, and they dont even remember if it was over 1000 or not....Now that's pathetic! lol

LOL, I just had to laugh when I read the above post. I haven't tried any of the two experiments mentioned above but it's nice to know someone put in the time to find out the answers. Strawberry or Grape are my favorite Tootsie Roll lollipop flavors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back