Useful info for SuperPro 707 USB DAC owners (and maybe other USB DACs too)
Sep 27, 2009 at 5:30 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Works on my Macbook with no drivers, and I thought when I bought mine last year that it was the same chips as the Mini DAC, but thought the USB receiver chip was a Cirrus Logic. (like a CS8416 from memory) Hmmm...

(EDIT)

I believe it has a CM-108 on the USB, which is a USB to I2S chip. The CS8416 is an SPDIF to I2S chip. So I think it's the receiver for the optical and coaxial. Then it appears to have a CS4398, which is an I2S DAC chip.

I think I'm buying one of these, BTW.

Feb 3, 2010 at 6:16 AM Post #17 of 19
sorry to resurect this thread but i plan on gettin the superpro instead of topaz because it seems more economical and better fit, anyone disagree?

i do have few questions from any super pro veterans- will this work on vista or windows 7 and if so what does one need to do?

ive read that this can get very hot, will a plastic fold out table be ok(im not putin it on wood)

ive also read one head fier say that it is better to use a 12 volt psu rather than the supplied 24 volt one which is ac, is this accurate? and what psu would have the best synergy?

thanks

Feb 3, 2010 at 6:50 AM Post #18 of 19
Don't know about windows.

It will internally regulate anything from 12-24v down closer to 12v, so the stock switching 24v power brick will make it run hot. Changing from the included PSU to a linear regulated 24v Sigma 11 PSU seems to take away a large bit of the heat, and makes the sound more refined with better noise floor. That's what I am using, but you could use any 12-24v linear regulated PSU with it, and could look for something cheaper than a Sigma 11.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back