Used CDs - Question to EU residents
Aug 14, 2009 at 8:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

s_nyc

100+ Head-Fier
I was just wondering what is your best source of used CDs when residing in Europe?

I am well aware of a few US websites but many of them won't deliver in Europe or would make you pay a lot for delivery. One of them would also send you the CD but not the case (!) if you reside in Europe.

Thanks!

S.

Aug 15, 2009 at 6:13 AM Post #2 of 7
As a UK resident, I use amazon.co.uk. Many of their resellers of both new and used CDs are from different countries (most often the US), but the shipping costs are the same irrespective of the source country. The reseller mechanism that amazon use is really good IMO. You can instantly compare prices v condition of used CDs from a whole range of resellers, but the financial transaction is always directly with amazon.

Aug 15, 2009 at 10:43 AM Post #3 of 7
Amazon's third-party sellers are very good, most of my my CDs are bought in this way. eBay is handy, just watch for sellers who are offloading a bunch of CDs at once - you can usually get a few cheap CDs where no one bids on them.

Aug 15, 2009 at 11:06 AM Post #4 of 7
I buy quite a lot of used CD's through the Amazon.co.uk. marketplace. In order to avoid hassle with customs that can arise if buying from the US (I live in Finland)), I usually prefer to buy from marketplace sellers in the UK or other EU countries. Many marketplace sellers state "international delivery available" for their items but even if this is not mentioned, you may be able to order from another EU country (I believe there are three options for seller to tick, UK only, EU and international. The only way to find out if the seller has enabled EU delivery is to place an item in your basket and proceed to checkout. If delivery to your country is not available, you can always contact the seller and ask him/her if he/she is willing to ship to your country.

Aug 17, 2009 at 10:13 PM Post #6 of 7
Are there garage/yard type sales in the EU? That's my main venue for used discs. I use Amazon if I need something specific.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back