Used Cans Cons?
Aug 25, 2012 at 10:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

twentyHz

100+ Head-Fier
Hello. 

I am new to the forum, like what I see.

I have just started looking for a decent set of cans. I want the D5000's I think. I have never heard them, but I have heard so much on the positive for them I am willing to buy them...unheard. I tried to order some from Amazon.com and they do not ship to Canada. Amazon.ca does not carry them. I believe these cans are now discontinued, so this may be a challenge. This leads to an important series of questions...

1. What price should I expect to pay for a mint used D5000's? 

2. What price was the MSRP when first released?

3. What prices have been spotted for used D5000's and where?

4. Is it safe to buy headphones used? Has anyone been burnt with a bad transaction? If so from this site?

5. How can I assure that as a buyer I am protected from used purchases? What about the worst case scenario, not even receiving them? 

Thanks for reading this. I am excited to be on this forum and cannot wait until my 15 days or 10 posts happen, so I can change my profile and avatars...

Aug 25, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #2 of 4
D5k's are pretty amazing and you would be hard pressed to find a better value in a "luxury" headphone.

Headphones are one of the things that work very well used as long as everyone is honest and just use paypal.

Aug 26, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #4 of 4
If you have a credible Head-Fi-er, they will inform you whenever a phone has been modded, and how. If you're in doubt, send a PM to the seller, and ask away. In just about every case, they will go out of their way to give you accurate information. Ask the seller if you suspect the sound of a modded phone has been damaged in any way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back