Used Amps to Consider With my New Ety ER-4S
Aug 17, 2004 at 9:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Chiboy

100+ Head-Fier
I'd like to, in keeping with the spirit here, spend more money on my rig
etysmile.gif
Specifically, I'd like to get a used amp to go with my ER-4Ss, which I got a month ago and love, and my iRiver imp350 CD player.

I've read great things about the SR-71, and good things about the Gilmore Lite. What other amps should I consider? I would ideally like to keep it around $200 for a nice used amp, which I know will price me out of the SR-71s, at least until this site moves on to a new "favorite must have".
biggrin.gif

I don't care about portability, as I listen to this setup almost exclusively while it sits on my night table.

BTW, is the Corda HA-1 Mk II a good amp for me?

Aug 18, 2004 at 1:19 PM Post #3 of 8
Hey, how come no one is giving me any good ideas???
biggrin.gif

And what about the Corda HA-1? Does it fit well with the Ety's?

Aug 19, 2004 at 9:16 PM Post #4 of 8
You could get a new Airhead from Headroom. I use a Total Bithead w/ my ER4P/S and I think it sounds great. W/ my iPod and a SIK imp line out adapter, it's all I need when travelling. I know you don't care about portability but I use my Bithead @ hm all the time w/ my laptop. It drives my HD600s and HD650s just fine too. You might be able to get a bit more amp used for the price you're looking at but why not consider something portable since the rest of your rig is "road ready"? I've read great things about the Cordas but have never heard one.
CPW

Aug 21, 2004 at 12:13 PM Post #7 of 8
LaRocco PR was the best partner for ER4S.
600smile.gif

Aug 21, 2004 at 6:23 PM Post #8 of 8
Thanks for all the advice. Now if I could just figure out a way to demo some of these without having to buy them one by one.....
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back