Use auzen Prelude as your source? Using PC speakers also? How's your setup? (+using headphones w/ an xbox? no rcvr / z5500s)
Apr 13, 2008 at 5:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Kaluminati

Head-Fier
So yeah, as stated, I was wondering if there are any head-fi'ers that have an Auzentech Prelude as their source, as well as some PC speakers... and how you have it setup. Do you use an audio switch? dual stereo female to male stereo?(obviously having only one of them on at any given time, ie turn off headphone amp, turn on speakers, speakers off, amp on etc

Right now mine is pretty ghetto'd up. My amp is split L/R rca... so from my amp the 2 go into an dual rca--> stereo mini, then into a dual stereo --> single stereo input adapter (front r/l cable for my logitech z5500s being the other stereo). I also tried using a $20 switch designed for composite + l/r analog audio from radioshack, and didn't feel it was better than my current setup.

Does anyone send their music to an external dac through the prelude? I've also got an entech number cruncher 203 that I set aside once I got the prelude. I'm going to do some testing to see if doing the conversion through the entech (previously had an x-fi platinum sending digital signal to the entech) from the prelude sounds better (possibly better AQ due to the solid signal via with my bluejeans interconnects from entech to amp)... but I'm curious to see how others have it setup

I've also been trying to figure out how to get the best quality sound for my headphones with the source being an xbox 360... The z5500s are self-amped and when plugging my headphones into the control pods headphone jack, it is quite loud, but the connection is pretty weak. It's a shame the prelude doesn't do any dolby decoding, as that would make it easier. So far I've concluded that switching the 360s audio setup to digital audio (as opposed to dolby digital) then hooking up the toslink from the 360 to the entech, is the best I can do. I'm guessing there are standalone dolby decoders that I could use... possibly one that will output in dolby headphone, but I haven't heard of any (I do have an extigy, that I haven't tried yet fearing it might be busted)

...or just using the analog from the 360 as the source..

Anyone out there use a game system w/ their cans that does not have a receiver as well?

Any help is appreciated.

Money-wise, I'm broke. Small parts, ie adapters and such, I can handle at least. Doubt I could afford an audiophile audio switch ;/

My setup:
Auzen Prelude --> z5500 speakers (5.1 w/ coax, toslink, decodes dolby) / MisterX pimeta amp bluejeans interconnects ---> "Darth Zebra" DT770 pro 80ohm cans
Entech number cruncher 203.2 also available for use

Vista x64 ultimate

ps. Anyone want to buy a Creative x-fi platinum, remote and drive bay included? Looks pretty beat up and I was using a rounded IDE cable as the card to bay connector (works fine, but trying to take it off is sketchy... pretty sticky connection. I've broken a couple ide cables because the heads wouldn't come off and it tore the cabling from them), but 100% functional, remote, drive bay connections etc. PM if interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back