Use a Technics SA-EX140 Receiver with my PC?
Aug 31, 2012 at 10:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

jason32835

New Head-Fier
[size=small]OK, total noob warning.. [/size]

[size=small]I'm just starting to stick my big toe into the PC audio hobby. I am also on a tight budget and would like to learn as much as I can without spending too much money. [/size]

[size=small]So I first purchased some headphones and ended up with the well regarded Monoprice 8323 and sure enough, they sound great right out of my laptop (thinkpad X61) and Sansa Clip +. [/size]

[size=small]Ok, so as an experiment I took the headphone out of my laptop (and clip+) into the Tape input on the SA-EX140 and tried listening to both speakers and the headphone out. Well the headphone out sounded horrible and I have no way to compare the speaker's audio, but I guess that was also retched. [/size]

[size=small]Here is my big question. Shouldn't the signal from my laptop, into the SA-EX140, and out the headphone amp of the SA-EX140 sound at least as good as straight from the laptop? OR.. is it being distorted due to double amplification or.. whatnot? Or is just a crappy phone amp?[/size]

[size=small]Thanks for any g[size=small]uidance, I know this sounds like a simple issue, but I think it will help me get my brain around what I need to do next. [/size][/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back