Use a Studio equipment as a DAC - tried it tonight.
Dec 23, 2006 at 5:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

cowby

Head-Fier
Hi,

Hope this is not very offf topic.

I am a bed room music / noise maker and I got a piece of synth
called V-synth XT (by Roland). It has a optical and Coax input. And tonight I just tired to hook a Sony D-321 discman to XT with an optical cable. XT's main out to Blackcube headamp.

Here is the deal.

XT provides a feature called sampling which allow me to sample from various ways (optical is one of the ways). So I fed the digital
to XT and gave it a try!

I was thrilled by the performance of Roland's V-synth XT. Though I think it handle the samples in 16bit/44HKz but it has a very good sound stage and the vocal is so real when listening to Westlife and Billy Joe's CDs. Best of all, I can see the peak level via XT's screen.

For sounding.... XT is very musical and sound very clear to me. Speed was fast and I have listened to it for more than 2 hrs with my RS-1. Didn't feel bore or tired. I think I've found a fun way to enjoy my music.

Regards!
Cowby

Dec 23, 2006 at 5:56 PM Post #3 of 4
mckickflip,

Thanks for your reply.

I think any studio equipment which can sample can do (of course with optical or coax input). I hope I can test drive with Akai's Hi-End
sampler such as S6000.

Regards!
Cowby

Dec 24, 2006 at 2:51 AM Post #4 of 4
Hi All,

Yeah! I almost forgot that Roland's V-synth XT got an USB input which can stream audio signal. Now I use foobar and play CDs/MP3 then feed it to XT (via USB cable of course). XT's phone out is pretty hi-quality to me. Just by using the phone out makes me be another happy man.
600smile.gif

Merry X'mas

Cowby

Users who are viewing this thread

Back