use 2 sound-card together?
Nov 25, 2009 at 10:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

pasam

New Head-Fier
i know there s had been a post but could'nt find it again about using 2 sound card together
i want to use the on-board sound card so i can use the microphone working on game and the x-forte for music and some single player gaming not at the same time .but on different time without having to unplug one or the other driver wise
thank you

Nov 26, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #2 of 11
As long as an application allows you to specify which device to use (Foobar does), you can use whichever sound card you want. The problem is that it seems that many applications don't have this option, and in that case it will use whatever is set as the default audio device.

Another problem with what you want to do is that the game may only let you use one device, not split up the mic and audio output. Why does the mic not work on the X-forte?

Nov 26, 2009 at 1:38 PM Post #3 of 11
since i'm on win 7 on the fatality and now the x-forte the microphone does'nt work anymore i know that there's issue about the creative driver they did'nt fully get them working on vista so forget win 7 on the other side azuntech have driver for win 7 but they are kind of emulate from creative.
the use i would like to do is use on-board card sound wich is base on a realteck chip on my asus P7P55B-EVO for gaming on some game and the x-forte for the music.reading throught the past tread last week i saw someone has a solution but i could'nt find it anymore.
thank you for your reply.

if somebody remember the thread wher they talk about 2 sond card together please let me know thank's

Nov 26, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #4 of 11
I use 3 soundcards at the same time. It is no problem with windows 7.

you can even use them simultanously with different programs running. you could, lets say use one for skype, one for a movie and the third for music, all active and running at the same time.

in win7 you can even switch between soundcards while the program is running. lets say you are watching a movie and you change the windows sound settings from one dac to another it will work seamlessly. in older windows versions I had to restart the program.

what you can not do is make one program use them all at the same time. at least I was not able to playback one track in winamp on several soundcards at the same time. but I do not think you were looking for that.

Nov 27, 2009 at 12:06 AM Post #5 of 11
Are you refering to "VELBAC" software we developed awhile ago that links to cards through software for gaming purposes?
You can use a CL card for DSP and another card for output?

Here is a link->VELBAC

Nov 27, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #6 of 11
WOW i'm surprised about that i always though that only one sound card can work on 1 pc.so if i want to use the onboard sound card for certain game only and let my x-forte on the pc it is possible from what i saw.i do not want split the audio and the microphone on l4d i will use a head set with microphone on it but i will use foobar to listening music on another one
and how do you switch betwen different sound card and what about different driver on the same pc is there not gonna have conflict on it?
thank you very much

Nov 27, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #7 of 11
You can run multiple soundcards on a system. Very common for recording, for multiple inputs and outputs. Whatever card is set for default in your system will take care of gaming audio. Many application allow you to configure driver also...which will allow you to set them to this card or that card..

Nov 27, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #9 of 11
thank you very much i got it finaly working
i set up the microphone head set on the onboard sound card and my other music headphone and the speaker on the x-fi forte.
i put a short-cut for the sound to desactivate the speaker ;because if they stay activate the microphone don't work

Nov 28, 2009 at 10:24 PM Post #11 of 11
You could also try Asio4All, but it seems you got it already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back