USB wall charger killed my Fuze - no refund
Jun 23, 2011 at 4:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Zax19

New Head-Fier
Hi, last night I was in a hurry so I used the USB wall charger we have at home instead of my laptop and after an hour my Sansa Fuze was heated up and wouldn’t start.

The charger wasn’t the cheapest they had (~12USD), the brand is “HQ”, I bought as a gift 6 months ago and it’s supposed to have overload protection and such, input is 100-240V AC 50/60Hz, output 1x USB 5V DC 1000mA. It’s also possible that it killed my dad’s mp3 player, I’ll have to ask about that.

Now the problem is that I’d like to get new parts for a desktop PC and I’ll have the chance to order a new mp3 player but I’d like to try to get a refund/new player from the retailer where I bought both the Fuze and the USB wall charger.

Does anybody have similar experience? Should I be able to get some compensation for my Fuze and possibly my dad’s mp3 (if I find it somewhere) and wait with the order of a new mp3 player? The Fuze is no longer under warranty (2,5 years old), the jack was cutting out and I don’t like commuting without music.

Thanks! :)
Ok, so not long after my mp3 player broke while charging my dad's new one broke too. We've sent it to the store but they denied it, the charger is supposedly ok. So no matter which charger I'll buy next they'll never be responsible for any damage it causes? Now that's just great
mad.gif

(I didn't meant to be a gravedigger but I wanted this to be here as a warning.)

Jun 24, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #2 of 3
It seems that my dad's mp3 player broke before we had the charger. Do batteries heat up before they broke? I'm just trying to figure out if it was just a coincidence or if I should return the charger and demand refund for the Fuze ...
Thanks.

Aug 25, 2011 at 6:59 AM Post #3 of 3
Ok, so not long after my mp3 player broke while charging my dad's new one broke too. We've sent it to the store but they denied it, the charger is supposedly ok. So no matter which charger I'll buy next they'll never be responsible for any damage it causes? Now that's just great
mad.gif

(I didn't meant to be a gravedigger but I wanted this to be here as a warning.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back