usb - VDAC - are you getting any noise (hummm)?
Jan 24, 2010 at 12:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

striggy

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

What with all the lurve for the MF V-DAC I was thinking of getting one so I can start using my computer as a proper source and to revitalise my aging Rotel RCD-02 CDP.

At the moment I'm using my onboard mobo sound (Realtek 883) and there is a low frequency humm in playback. This isn't a ground-loop, it's either from the PCs PSU, or possibly feedback from my amps toroid transformer - I think! I don't get this humm when I use the CDP to the amp. So if I use a V-DAC via USB is this likely to eliminate the irritating humm? Any V-DAC users getting this problem? I don't really want to buy one and find I'm stuck with the problem, so all help is much appreciated.

Jan 24, 2010 at 2:52 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatFan12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
V-DAC is dead quiet with any input. It will bypass your onboard sound. What amp are you using?

Hi HeatFan12, thanks for your help.

My amp. is a Rotel RA-01, which I use with my headphones (Grado SR80) and speakers (Quad 11l).

Jan 24, 2010 at 3:58 PM Post #6 of 10
I use my VDAC with USB from my PC, optical from AirPort Express and coax from a Blu-ray player. The DAC has worked flawlessly for the several months that I've owned it.No Hum or any noise from any source.

Jan 24, 2010 at 8:36 PM Post #8 of 10
I get absolutely no hum or static with my VDAC. It always puts a smile on my face to raise the volume all the way up to hear complete silence
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back