USB tube amp for k1000/x-fi
Dec 22, 2005 at 11:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

spacemanspliff

Headphoneus Supremus
opinions? this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll..._BIN_Stores_IT

will be used with my pc and my incoming pair of K1000 for uber-gaming/music fun. notice it has a usb connection and an analog. should be interesting but if I am making a mistake lmk. there's a t-amp coming with the k1000 so I don't have to get an amp yet.

Dec 23, 2005 at 12:18 AM Post #2 of 9
I had the Jasmine T-200 of which the amp in your add is base off. It was a very nice amp, however you may be better to get from a North America dealer for warranty service.

If you do a search on Jasmine it will come up, and by the way they have upgraded the unit to a much nicer one. Here is the link: http://www.jasmineaudio.net/serenade.html#

And here is a pic of the new Jasmine.
SRD-SB.jpg

Dec 23, 2005 at 12:42 AM Post #4 of 9
but where the hell can I buy it?

Dec 23, 2005 at 1:24 AM Post #5 of 9
I had one of the old ones a month ago (cosmetically clunky-looking; don't know if electronics were any different). Compared to M-Audio 192/Gilmore Lite w/GL PSU, the Jasmine had less detail, impact, and transparency, but was very euphonic: a nice, warm, adequately detailed experience, with no sins of commision. I liked it and at about $250 thought it was a good buy.

Dec 23, 2005 at 3:28 AM Post #6 of 9
found it kinda. it's on order from bertrand audio. going to have to make do with the t-amp for a while.

Dec 23, 2005 at 3:30 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by jxb2
I had one of the old ones a month ago (cosmetically clunky-looking; don't know if electronics were any different). Compared to M-Audio 192/Gilmore Lite w/GL PSU, the Jasmine had less detail, impact, and transparency, but was very euphonic: a nice, warm, adequately detailed experience, with no sins of commision. I liked it and at about $250 thought it was a good buy.

what tubes were u using? I hear the NOS tubes do well/better than the stock.

Dec 23, 2005 at 3:34 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacemanspliff
what tubes were u using? I hear the NOS tubes do well/better than the stock.

The one I had was with NOS tubes and it did sound much better and opened up nicely. However NOS tubes will be on the expensive side (+/-$100 for all 4)

Dec 23, 2005 at 4:48 PM Post #9 of 9
so? lol. prob is finding one. I'm looking at getting an rkv 2 just b/c I can't seem to get an eta on when they will be available so 100 more is nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back