USB-to-Zhaolu-to amp or spdif-to-zhaulo-to-amp
Aug 9, 2007 at 6:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

technetium

100+ Head-Fier
Hi folks

I just got a new computer, a desktop non the less. Before in the old days I was using my trusted old Dell laptop to an Optoplay usb -> optical output to my zhaolu and then to my amp via RCA.
But now my motherboard has a spdif output which can go directly into the spdif of my zhaolu, should i just skip the optoplay?

Should I perhaps get an spdif card that could connect to my x-fi? Would that be better than the motherboard spdif? I just asking because its just bits and byte´s right?

Aug 9, 2007 at 6:50 PM Post #2 of 3
Sure seems to me that going with the direct S/PDIF from the mobo would be better. It appears that would involve far fewer drivers and conversions of the data than in your current playback chain.

Just to be sure of the terminology, though, is that a coaxial S/PDIF on an RCA jack, or an optical output on your mobo? Here in the US, we tend to call optical connections "TOSLINK" but they are more properly called optical S/PDIF, which is why I ask!

Aug 10, 2007 at 9:21 PM Post #3 of 3
Yeah I mean coaxial S/Pdif.
Would it not mean more noice to use the coaxial output on the motherboard than using the Optoplay?

Would it possible to connect my zhaolu direktly to my x-fi Xtreme musik?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back