USB Strikes Back! Watch out AOIP - USB/Ethernet Chain beats All (at least for me)
Jan 27, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #542 of 573
i agree
wink_face.gif

Jan 27, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #543 of 573
I've moved all my future posts to here - done with Headfi!  This discussion and many planned future will be posted there.
My threads have generated many hundreds of thousands of view and yet I get teated poorly.  Over 6000 posts - but no more.

US Audio Mart :

Ultra USB Chain USB/Ethernet Hybrid Startech/ICRON/LanRover

http://www.usaudiomart.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1172
My handle is tubelover2

Much fun to still be had - @MusicMan you are not invited.

Jan 27, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #544 of 573
I've moved all my future posts to here - done with Headfi!  This discussion and many planned future will be posted there.
My threads have generated many hundreds of thousands of view and yet I get teated poorly.  Over 6000 posts - but no more.

US Audio Mart :

Ultra USB Chain USB/Ethernet Hybrid Startech/ICRON/LanRover

http://www.usaudiomart.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1172
My handle is tubelover2

Much fun to still be had - @MusicMan you are not invited.

How unfortunate that you feel compelled to leave. Could you not have put certain people on your ignore list instead?

It feels like you're throwing out the baby with the bath water! I for one, am sorry that you made this decision. It's a loss to head-fi, and it seems, a needless one.

Jan 27, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #545 of 573
That looks like It would do the job. Blue Jean Cables don't ship overseas? Their CAt6a is excellent, each cable they make is individually tested, and they provide a test printout for your cable. Mine tested to 550Mhz Not bad for $30. Sounds great.

Correction rb, BJC do ship overseas.

Jan 27, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #546 of 573
How unfortunate that you feel compelled to leave. Could you not have put certain people on your ignore list instead?

It feels like you're throwing out the baby with the bath water! I for one, am sorry that you made this decision. It's a loss to head-fi, and it seems, a needless one.

Oh it's not him it's this Moderator Piggo or Brooko or something.  What a jerk.

It's been a great 4 years - 6050 posts - around a million views.

But it time to dump this place - greener pastures!

Jan 28, 2017 at 12:52 AM Post #547 of 573
gee whiz man. i did not mean to hurt your feelings. i apologized to you about 100 times. i am not interested in this thread anyways. however there is no reason to leave in a huff. i really did not mean to upset you.  i am very sorry you feel that way. again, my apologies. i am staying out of this thread from here on. i am very sorry i insulted you. i really mean that. i am not joking. i did not realize you were so sensitive. i am terribly sorry. i never meant anything bad to you. i joked around a bit but you took it the wrong way. for that, i am truly sorry.

Jan 28, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #549 of 573
i do not get what your vendetta is against me. you are very thin skinned. i joked around a bit and you got all bent out of shape. then i apologized to you, now about 100 times and you are still upset. i am one who just does not like to hurt peoples feelings. that is the only reason it matters to me. if you want to hate me so be it. i feel bad that i up set you. i honestly do. it is not like i used some scathing words either. i am really sorry i upset you so much. i have no idea why you have such a strong dislike of me. i also feel very bad that you had 6k+ posts and over 1m views and now but 1 post. this cannot possibly be my fault. you in fact said it was someone else. i am seriously very sorry i spoiled your thread if you truly feel that way. i really did not mean you any harm. what else can i say. i am sorry.

for something constructive to this thread: i found foir some reason pny drives do not like hubs with a dac on them. i highly suggest sandisk ultra. it is very slow to transfer but plays uncompressed 8x dsd just fine. as i said i have very little to add to this thread anyways. as i did not care for usb over ethernet. myself among others. that is not meant to hurt your feelings. it is just my opinion. ymmv.

Jan 28, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #550 of 573
  i do not get what your vendetta is against me. you are very thin skinned. i joked around a bit and you got all bent out of shape. then i apologized to you, now about 100 times and you are still upset. i am one who just does not like to hurt peoples feelings. that is the only reason it matters to me. if you want to hate me so be it. i feel bad that i up set you. i honestly do. it is not like i used some scathing words either. i am really sorry i upset you so much. i have no idea why you have such a strong dislike of me. i also feel very bad that you had 6k+ posts and over 1m views and now but 1 post. this cannot possibly be my fault. you in fact said it was someone else. i am seriously very sorry i spoiled your thread if you truly feel that way. i really did not mean you any harm. what else can i say. i am sorry.

for something constructive to this thread: i found foir some reason pny drives do not like hubs with a dac on them. i highly suggest sandisk ultra. it is very slow to transfer but plays uncompressed 8x dsd just fine. as i said i have very little to add to this thread anyways. as i did not care for usb over ethernet. myself among others. that is not meant to hurt your feelings. it is just my opinion. ymmv.

Your apologies are completely accepted.  I just don't understand why you criticize something you don't own.  You admit you bought the wrong one - so of course it won't work right.  Anyway - I'm leaving due to a very nasty PM I received from the Moderator here.  Just unfair.  I have had my clashes with some before - but I was always treated with some respect.

Folks need to know the history and back story.  You see in my moniker the title 'Contributor' - that was awarded to me for my 6922 Tube review.  This is rarely done here.  I had uncovered a hidden jem in the 6dj8/6922/E88CC/ECC88/E188CC/CCa family.  This is one of the most popular signal tubes used in Audio.

Actually I had 'discovered' the tremendous SQ of a whole group of compatible tubes made in Russia in the 70's for their space program.  They still make them today - but the SQ of a few of these vintage NOS tubes are just superb.  The best I call the 'HG's or 'Holy Grail' 1975 Reflektor 6N23P Silver Shield SWGP.  These tubes were totally unknown until I had gone to extreme lengths to discover (bought over 1,000 6N23P tubes from shady and crooked Eastern Europe Ebay dealers.  Bought a tube tester and began to assemble properly matched pairs to evaluate).  Long, long story - my blogging was initially flamed to a burnt crisp.  Especially after posting my monster tube review.  You see I do nothing half a**ed - I'm in all the way, or not at all.

Not one to roll over I fought back and was banned from Headfi for a few days.  Jude interceded and I was reinstated.  I'm still banned from the Lyr tube rolling thread.

Just Google '6922 Tube Review' and see what pops up #1 in the search.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/761078/6922-tube-review-17-top-6922-6n23p-e88cc-cca-7308-e188cc-tubes

Anyway - these magical HG tubes have become unbelievably popular.  Used to sell for $10 a tube - now you are lucky to find a decent pair for $200.  The nearly overwhelming concurrence on the SQ merits of these tubes has been sweet satisfaction for me.  After many, many bruising battles to fight for their recognition - at least so folks would give them a try.  That in my opinion was my major contribution back to the Audio Community - one that has given me so much musical joy over the decades.

Wash, rinse, repeat on the discovery of the Gustard U12 DDC, and then a whole host of other great (and cheap) DDC's.  On to the XU208 class of DDC's and the Singxer F-1.  I was the gent to put that on the map - and the later SU-1.  Then on to the Rednet 3 AOIP Dante AES67 audio chains.

Now here.  So you see this is not my first rodeo.  IN MY threads - Headfi only a venue for them - I have been the driving force behind these blogs and experiments - has gone largely unrecognized by the Admin here.  Other then my many thanks to Jude for his support.

I do not suffer fools lightly - and you come off as a fool.  So I apologize to you and anyone who felt I treated you unfairly.

But it's time to move on...I have many more exciting audio discoveries to report on...so on we go.

Cheers everyone!
beerchug.gif

Jan 28, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #551 of 573
I don´t know to what extent you´ve been disrespected by a mod Rob but you surely weren´t by music_man, I personally don´t think he wrote anything with ill intention or to fuel your spite, he was genuinely sorry and your treatment of him once he appologized has been far from chivalrous.

I sincerely hope you reconsider leaving, you´re a huge asset to this forum.

Jan 28, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #552 of 573
  But it's time to move on...I have many more exciting audio discoveries to report on...so on we go.

beerchug.gif

Bob:

You would be welcomed over at ComputerAudiophile.com.  Lots of deep discussion, experimentation, and knowledge over there.  Many sharp--but most always pleasant folks.  But they will question and challenge sometimes if something does not sound right.  That's because there are both engineers and decades into it audiophiles there.  Arrogance and bravado (not saying you have either) is about the only thing that raises hackles at CA.

USAudiomart?  How on earth did you pick that as your new posting-ground?  Their entire forum has only ever seen 3,800 posts (that's posts, not threads)!  You are going from by far the highest-exposure hi-fi site in the world (Head-Fi, look at the Alexa stats) to one that barely even registers a blip (and only because it is a for-sale classifieds site).

Hope you are already enjoying the UltraCap LPS-1 in your system this weekend.  Let us all know what you think.

Best,

--Alex C.

Jan 28, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #553 of 573
  I don´t know to what extent you´ve been disrespected by a mod Rob but you surely weren´t by music_man, I personally don´t think he wrote anything with ill intention or to fuel your spite, he was genuinely sorry and your treatment of him once he appologized has been far from chivalrous.

I sincerely hope you reconsider leaving, you´re a huge asset to this forum.

Well I'd just refer you his first lengthy post see #483.  Not only saying that the Startech we've been auditioning did not work - but did have it!

Then something about Placebo:
placebo. like much of audio. high end straight usb chain is fine. must have clean data and especially +5V. i tried the startech rex/lex and it did not even function. requires drivers,setup=bad.  

Well is all just baloney.  The Startech USB2G4LEXT2 requires no drivers.  He has obviously failed to read much of the thread. 

Then he goes after my DAC - what this has to do with the USB Ultra Chain I have no idea.  He is really hard to understand.  Horrible posting (try using the Caps keyboard function - and some spacing).  I get vertigo trying to decode his posts.

Then floods the thread with more half page, incoherent posts see #485, #486, #488. Some thing about balanced and Ethernet.  It just goes on and on...how much can one person take of this ridiculousness.  As I said if he wanted to share so much of his BS - go start his own thread.  Don't spew all this nonsense then get offended when I attempt to stop the fire-hose  - or he get's ignored.  Enough!

But just for the record he never had the right Startech - as I have posted maybe fifty or more times.  The less Startechs sound like garbage.  Yet even when he was found out - he continues on this tirade about USB and Ethernet.  But never had even heard it.  Then mentions him and others...what others?  Show me one other post here negative on the Startech?

I have been here before - fellows like him do huge harm to what we are trying to accomplish.  I had the same thing happen on the tube threads - never bothering to read about the tubes I had rated highly - bought and panned lessor different ones.  Yet insist, as he does, that their false impressions apply to all the proper ones!  Listen much hard work, thought and attention goes into these threads of MINE - no admin, or moderator adds one iota of helpful information.

Then when someone just crashes a thread spewing false and inaccurate information and impressions - it does much harm to the effort.  I guess you have no trouble with that?  Or his 8-9 half page barely legible - high aggressive - inaccurate posts that just crashed the thread. 

Then he goes on  about me trying to emulate analog with a digital stream - just does not stop provoking. 

If you think I was unchivalrous - then I apologize - I was just trying to keep this thread from going off the rails.  Maybe as he intended.  As Trolls do to threads.  They get off on it. It's happened so many times to great threads. 

Anyway done here - and the new thread is up and running nicely over at my new home.

So cheers to that!

Jan 28, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #554 of 573

Bob:

You would be welcomed over at ComputerAudiophile.com.  Lots of deep discussion, experimentation, and knowledge over there.  Many sharp--but most always pleasant folks.  But they will question and challenge sometimes if something does not sound right.  That's because there are both engineers and decades into it audiophiles there.  Arrogance and bravado (not saying you have either) is about the only thing that raises hackles at CA.

USAudiomart?  How on earth did you pick that as your new posting-ground?  Their entire forum has only ever seen 3,800 posts (that's posts, not threads)!  You are going from by far the highest-exposure hi-fi site in the world (Head-Fi, look at the Alexa stats) to one that barely even registers a blip (and only because it is a for-sale classifieds site).

Hope you are already enjoying the UltraCap LPS-1 in your system this weekend.  Let us all know what you think.

Best,

--Alex C.

Thanks Alex!  Well I have been a long time member of US Audio Mart (2013) and they are great for listing stuff (free).  They have a very good forum - just needs more participants. 

They really provide a valuable service.  I have been a frequent poster on Audiogon, Audio Ayslum, Headfi, etc... It seems like USAM would be an ideal place to write some reviews and explore some other cutting edge ideas I have on bettering audio systems.

I'm only looking for a few serious and like minded folks who may not agree with me, but are not 'fools'.  Folks who want to explore better audio - so far our efforts have paid off in spades

BTW the LPS-1 just arrived!  And I will be at Peter's this next weekend to preview his JS-2.  I'm bringing along my entire digital front end to use on his excellent system.

So I'll be starting a new thread on USAM about that weekend of listening experiments!  Just posted there my comparison of music files played from the SSD powered by a LPS vs the SLC mSD loaded in the REX.  Interesting results!

Cheers!

Much, very much more to explore still. 

Jan 29, 2017 at 1:20 AM Post #555 of 573
gee whiz man. i did not mean to hurt your feelings. i apologized to you about 100 times. i am not interested in this thread anyways. however there is no reason to leave in a huff. i really did not mean to upset you.  i am very sorry you feel that way. again, my apologies. i am staying out of this thread from here on. i am very sorry i insulted you. i really mean that. i am not joking. i did not realize you were so sensitive. i am terribly sorry. i never meant anything bad to you. i joked around a bit but you took it the wrong way. for that, i am truly sorry.
Join us over at P-A free USAM.

New review of the Uptone LPS1...somewhat dis....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back