USB Stick MP3 Player?
Dec 11, 2008 at 8:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dopeboyfresh

100+ Head-Fier
These should be getting a lot cheaper now... I plan on getting one for school since I don't feel like bringing my 160GB iPod Classic to school but I don't want a completely useless mp3 player that does nothing but play mp3s.

Can anyone recommend a nice mp3 player that doubles as a USB stick?

Thanks much.

And yes I do understand sound is subjective for the higher end but I need a rough guide to differentiate the junk from the good stuff

At least 2GB storage.

Dec 11, 2008 at 8:34 AM Post #2 of 4
Dec 12, 2008 at 7:10 AM Post #3 of 4
NO Do not get that --> Sansa Express.

Get the Sansa Clip 2GB. It has everything you'd need. Its storage now hits 8GB max starting at 1GB.

The sound quality is also to be rather good - but with good head/ear-phones.

It's got a FM Radio and EQ etc. You'll need to carry around the USB to mini-USB cable but it's without doubt a much better player than the Sansa Express.

Other alternatives: Samsung YP-U3 = pop-in/out USB connector = more what you're looking for.

Dec 12, 2008 at 6:59 PM Post #4 of 4
I have to agree. If you need a USB stick type player, the Express is definitely the best offering out there. Decent sound quality (almost Clip quality), good battery life, and that microSD slot. I bought a 1GB for $10.99 and an 8GB card for $16.99 and have a very small 9GB player for $28 shipped, can't beat it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back